Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 06-11-2019, 06:50 AM

Default Logic X Issues with Eucon 19.5.1

I imagine with the unified Eucon installer the Logic issues cut across Artist Series, Control, Dock and S3.

For the record I am on Artist Mix, Dock and PT Control and Logic Pro X 10.4.4 and Sierra 10.12.6 and Eucon 19.5.1

It appears the Logic Issues that some have been reporting are still there but nice to see on Dock that Jog and Shuttle buttons light up correctly.

And suggestive that Logic issues CAN be resolved if they become a priority.

I wonder if there is useful way for Logic users of Avid Controllers to express to Eddie/Avid Logic issues so they can reproduce them and work with Apple to resolve. Realize its a two way street between Apple and Avid. But a collective definitive list might be helpful.

Here are some of my issues that others have reported on:

1. Connectivity Drops - its weird in that some of the buttons become unresponsive and some dont e.g. on Control/Dock Inserts button becomes unresponsive but you can still navigate from Mix to Channel etc. The only way I can resolve this is to Restart Eucon application and then its all back to normal. I have tried different connections - ethernet artist and dock directly to Mac through router, wifi (Control) and usb cable to iPad (Control). All of them work fine until this unresponsive state starts. Become part of my workflow to restart Eucon app when it happens.

2. Display of insert insertion - you can load in an insert via mix or dock/control but sometimes the insert does not display on the mix or dock/control. But it is there on Logic desktop screen. Sometimes they will appear later on but not sure what the trigger is - I think if you save and restart the project they will appear on the devices.

3. Displaying Config Button for Inserting a New Instruments Dock/Control - if I want to change an instrument (VI) using Inputs, the Config button wont display unless you click open up the original instrument and then the parameters splay out and then you can press Back arrow and then Config button displays and then you click Config and then it allows you select a new instrument. I think there is the same issue with Mix.

Nice to Have

1. Presets for Instruments and Inserts - Avid manual makes mention of accessing presets for DAW's ("Using Plug-in Presets" in Control Manual page 30) but realize this is a Apple and Avid playing nicely thing. Logic has a library feature for presets that are made for displaying on iPad and scrolling though with Dock knobs. Logic Remote app displays them nicely on iPad. My keyboard controller (Nektar Panorama) can scroll through them. It appears Avid has allowed for preset selection for DAW's so nice to make it happen for Logic X.

Last edited by sjgam; 06-11-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: Logic X Issues with Eucon 19.5.1

The last 3 have been reported to Apple as they are stuff not coming from Logic. The inserting a new plugin is very old and a reload of the session shows them.

Can you explain the Connection drop part? Do you still see Faders and Tracks on the Control App ? Are they just dead ? if you move them with the mouse do the move on screen?
Old 06-13-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
The last 3 have been reported to Apple as they are stuff not coming from Logic. The inserting a new plugin is very old and a reload of the session shows them.

Can you explain the Connection drop part? Do you still see Faders and Tracks on the Control App ? Are they just dead ? if you move them with the mouse do the move on screen?
Yeah you see the entire app and you can go from Mixer to Tracks to Channel etc at top and you adjust the faders but while in Channel, you cannot select Input, Dyn, EQ etc meaning you press them and their square does not light up and they dont display their choices for the encoders in the bottom half of the ipad screen. Like its hung up/frozen. I am calling that losing connection but more of a freeze glitch. But all back to normal if you restart Eucon app.

Others on this forum have mentioned drop offs/freezes - not sure if they all experience it in the same way.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:06 PM

On displaying correctly issue I will add:

4. Output Selection on Control/Dock - you can change the output on a track while in Output but the ipad display does not light up the "Sel" to the new output selection and the previous Output "Sel" stays lit up. But it does show new output in Logic on desktop application. So another not displaying current correct display issue. I think if you save and restart project Control/Dock does pick up the correct Output "Sel" display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgam View Post
I imagine with the unified Eucon installer the Logic issues cut across Artist Series, Control, Dock and S3.

For the record I am on Artist Mix, Dock and PT Control and Logic Pro X 10.4.4 and Sierra 10.12.6 and Eucon 19.5.1

It appears the Logic Issues that some have been reporting are still there but nice to see on Dock that Jog and Shuttle buttons light up correctly.

And suggestive that Logic issues CAN be resolved if they become a priority.

I wonder if there is useful way for Logic users of Avid Controllers to express to Eddie/Avid Logic issues so they can reproduce them and work with Apple to resolve. Realize its a two way street between Apple and Avid. But a collective definitive list might be helpful.

Here are some of my issues that others have reported on:

1. Connectivity Drops - its weird in that some of the buttons become unresponsive and some dont e.g. on Control/Dock Inserts button becomes unresponsive but you can still navigate from Mix to Channel etc. The only way I can resolve this is to Restart Eucon application and then its all back to normal. I have tried different connections - ethernet artist and dock directly to Mac through router, wifi (Control) and usb cable to iPad (Control). All of them work fine until this unresponsive state starts. Become part of my workflow to restart Eucon app when it happens.

2. Display of insert insertion - you can load in an insert via mix or dock/control but sometimes the insert does not display on the mix or dock/control. But it is there on Logic desktop screen. Sometimes they will appear later on but not sure what the trigger is - I think if you save and restart the project they will appear on the devices.

3. Displaying Config Button for Inserting a New Instruments Dock/Control - if I want to change an instrument (VI) using Inputs, the Config button wont display unless you click open up the original instrument and then the parameters splay out and then you can press Back arrow and then Config button displays and then you click Config and then it allows you select a new instrument. I think there is the same issue with Mix.

Nice to Have

1. Presets for Instruments and Inserts - Avid manual makes mention of accessing presets for DAW's ("Using Plug-in Presets" in Control Manual page 30) but realize this is a Apple and Avid playing nicely thing. Logic has a library feature for presets that are made for displaying on iPad and scrolling though with Dock knobs. Logic Remote app displays them nicely on iPad. My keyboard controller (Nektar Panorama) can scroll through them. It appears Avid has allowed for preset selection for DAW's so nice to make it happen for Logic X.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:16 PM

This is also the same on the S3.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 06-14-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
This is also the same on the S3.
Yeah as I mentioned in post that because of the unified eucon controller perhaps these Logic issues will hit the s3, artist mix, Dock and control in same way.

I put it in this Artist Mix sub forum but be nice if there was a Logic specific Avid controller sub forum to consolidate Logic only related issues. .

I see in the S3 forum you also posted Logic display issues also.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:56 PM

Yes, I agree.
I can't believe there are not more people talking about it to be honest.
At least previously, there were workarounds, but it is so messed up since Eucon 19.5.1

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 06-15-2019, 07:26 PM

Apologies all.. I have uninstalled, restarted and re-installed, restarted and it all appears to be working now...well sort of...

For example... the Input and Output tabs are wrong.

The input tab for a given channel shows the the Insert slot and the Output tab shows Busses that don't relate to the selected channel at all.
(actually this is for the Aux's of a multi-out instrument. ie see below)

In this image..... the left most is a Multi out "Spark" instance.

The next channel is a Aux out of it. It's input is Spark 3-4.
On the S3 and iPad app, it shows the "Input" as being API-550A
On the S3 and iPad app, it shows the "Insert" 1 blank, Insert 2 RBass and Insert 3 Renaisance Axx (see below)

I'm so bloody confused.

Last edited by mattrixx; 06-15-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Apologies all.. I have uninstalled, restarted and re-installed, restarted and it all appears to be working now...well sort of...

For example... the Input and Output tabs are wrong.

The input tab for a given channel shows the the Insert slot and the Output tab shows Busses that don't relate to the selected channel at all.
(actually this is for the Aux's of a multi-out instrument. ie see below)

In this image..... the left most is a Multi out "Spark" instance.

The next channel is a Aux out of it. It's input is Spark 3-4.
On the S3 and iPad app, it shows the "Input" as being API-550A
On the S3 and iPad app, it shows the "Insert" 1 blank, Insert 2 RBass and Insert 3 Renaisance Axx (see below)

I'm so bloody confused.
This sounds a lot like the same bug I posted about, it's unclear whether this is a glitch on Apple's side or Avid.

In my case, the buses in the center 4 selection pages in the ipad app are wrong, but the order is correct on my MC Mix; that leads me to believe that the information is being presented correctly to Eucon..
Old 06-17-2019, 04:33 PM

Ah, yes, I am seeing that too..
(oh and apologies for the massive screenshots... didn't know they formatted that way).