Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 06-05-2016, 06:56 PM

Default "free trial" of Classic Compressors expires as soon as I try to activate it?

I filled out the form and downloaded the latest bundle (11.1). I got this error when opening PT12 and then trying to activate them:

"This software cannot be run because the activation experience thinks the authorization was found, but the wrapper could not verify it"

I looked in the iLok app manager (and online), and it looks like the "free trial" lasted 8 minutes. Probably when I downloaded, and when I tried to activate it.

Everything looks right in my iLok account. I see my machine and the iLok, and the BF plugins are listed on the iLok.

I do see the system requirements list OS 10.9.X as the highest version. I'm on 10.11.3. Is that the problem?
Old 06-20-2016, 11:01 PM

Default Re: "free trial" of Classic Compressors expires as soon as I try to activate it?

Passed this up the chain to look into it. In the mean time, I couldn't find any accounts using your email or user name. If you can update your email address to match your iLok account I might be able to deposit trial licenses.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:30 PM

Default Avid Classic Compressor Free Trial

Hey all.
I decided to try the Classic Compressor bundle for Pro Tools. It has a free trial.
I supplied my Ilok account ID and download the package. I used Ilok Manager to activate the license. It set the expiration date to today? I have never done any free trials of Avid plugins before and only have one license on my ILOK>

Anyone experience the problem? Contact Avid is about impossible.

Thanks
Mike
Old 06-30-2016, 05:20 PM

Default Re: "free trial" of Classic Compressors expires as soon as I try to activate it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Passed this up the chain to look into it. In the mean time, I couldn't find any accounts using your email or user name. If you can update your email address to match your iLok account I might be able to deposit trial licenses.
Hi,

I just had the same problem with the same bundle. It says in ILOK manager that I am only entitled to one free trial, but I have never tried this bundle or any other.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited by jeffro; 07-01-2016 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Temp license provided.