Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Protools 10 and DIGI002 issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyrespace View Post
I'm using PT 10 with my 002 and it's the most stable I've ever experienced, and my experience goes back to PT 5.0
Glad to hear! I just got PT10 today and installing 2morrow. But been with Pro Tools since 2002 and always been solid stable in every level.

So I'm cruising reading all the posts I can before my dive tomorrow morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
I'm glad things are working for you now. It is always good to see that this forum is providing useful solutions to those of us that are having problems. We get enough trolling and complaints here that it is refreshing to hear the success stories. Now go make some music.
It's more refreshing to me since I'm installing 10 tomorrow with my Digi002. Can't wait! I'm at OS 10.6.4 with PT8 now and Solid!. Never went to 9 so I'm crossgrading. Not planning on going to 10.7 on the OS side though, just to whatever is needed I think 10.6.8
Old 06-12-2012, 09:34 PM

Well,

I'm on Pro Tools 10/Digi 003 with OSX 10.6.8 so this may not solve your problem but it did mine, just last night.

I recently purchased PT 9 and then upgraded to PT 10. I loved PT so much I picked up a very clean 003 I tried several times to update to 10.2 and each time the 003 stopped working. This is what I did to get it going:

Uninstall Pro Tools 10 (I did the uninstall that removes everything - though it left some folders), get ride of all Avid & Digidesign preferences. I ran "repair disk permissions" and then shut down for a minute. Restarted and installed the 002-003 drivers, then the midi driver, then - I installed 10.2 (if you install a earlier version and then update it will ruin the 003 driver or MIDI driver - I'm not sure which one was causing the problem) then I installed the virtual instruments then I installed the package with Strike, Velvet, Structure, Hybrid.

Now everything works great! I run a version of Digital Performer with a Motu 2408 mkIII for MIDI recording and editing as I am used to working with it. I can switch to Pro Tools and the OO3 works great.

I'm sorry for the long explanation but I wanted to share what I did in the hopes it might help someone else.

BMB
Old 06-12-2012, 09:38 PM

Exclamation Re: Protools 10 and DIGI002 issue.

One word of caution:

If you do the complete uninstall it will wipe out the Pro Tools app and any/all files that are associated (i.e. virtual instruments, plugins, etc.)

I'm sure everyone but me knew this but I know it now.

FYI

BMB

Last edited by BigMacBoy; 06-12-2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-13-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacBoy View Post

I'm sorry for the long explanation but I wanted to share what I did in the hopes it might help someone else.

BMB
Don't be sorry, this whole entire website is a long explanation
We appreciate the info!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:04 AM

Hello eyrespace, you said you have protools 10 and digi 002 working? I am having the same issue of the error message that comes up when starting protools 9. any pointers on what you did to get it working or did it magically work for you from day one? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

WarrioressX
Old 06-18-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioressx View Post
Hello eyrespace, you said you have protools 10 and digi 002 working? I am having the same issue of the error message that comes up when starting protools 9. any pointers on what you did to get it working or did it magically work for you from day one? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

WarrioressX
@ warrioressx,
Did you download and install the latest driver?
Old 06-29-2012, 12:52 PM

I recently got PT 10, and began getting the error message "A firewire bus reset was detected. Please check firewire cables and power to firewire devices. (-6090)."

I disconnected the digi002 mixer entirely, and ran PT 10 fine without the error message. However, as soon as the digi002 was plugged in, I would get the -6090 error message. I assumed either my firewire on my tower was bad (even though my hard drives ran properly via firewire) or my digi002 went bad. I cleaned the power harness etc to no avail. So I brought the digi002 mixer into dBM Pro Sound in Manhattan (Avid Authorized). They verified the 002 was working entirely fine. I bought a SIIG PCI express 800 and installed it. Fired up PT10, it's all been working fine for a number of days. Just wanted to share this story in case anyone else runs into the same issue.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:50 PM

Hello everyone. Happy New Years.
Here's my issue, My fire-wire card work, but it only works when I shut off my computer, reseat my fire-wire card, detach my cable, restart computer, connect fire-wire cable back to my computer and turn on my Digi 002.

Aw! I also have to have my IEEE 1394 Bus host as (Legacy).

Before I turn on my Digi 002, I open up my Device Mngr to make sure my fire-wire card as well as my Digi 002 was listed before I fire up Pro Tools.

My question to anyone that may have this knowledge is how can I avoid going through this ritual. I would like to just turn on my computer, turn on my Digi 002 without going through all of the mess listed above.

In advance, thank you so much!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWright4sho View Post
Hello everyone. Happy New Years.
Here's my issue, My fire-wire card work, but it only works when I shut off my computer, reseat my fire-wire card, detach my cable, restart computer, connect fire-wire cable back to my computer and turn on my Digi 002.

Aw! I also have to have my IEEE 1394 Bus host as (Legacy).

Before I turn on my Digi 002, I open up my Device Mngr to make sure my fire-wire card as well as my Digi 002 was listed before I fire up Pro Tools.

My question to anyone that may have this knowledge is how can I avoid going through this ritual. I would like to just turn on my computer, turn on my Digi 002 without going through all of the mess listed above.

In advance, thank you so much!
Here is the correct order of events. With everything OFF, connect firewire>Power ON the 002>power ON the computer. Connecting the firewire cable with everything powered up can fry the firewire circuit in the 002, the computer, or both(fingers crossed that yours is okay). You might also check which firewire driver is being used by going to Device Manager>select the FW card>select Update Driver>choose Let me select from a list. The list should show 3 drivers. Avid recommends the Legacy driver(which you can try). That driver doesn't work for me(with 003) but the TI Compliant driver works great here.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Here is the correct order of events. With everything OFF, connect firewire>Power ON the 002>power ON the computer. Connecting the firewire cable with everything powered up can fry the firewire circuit in the 002, the computer, or both(fingers crossed that yours is okay). You might also check which firewire driver is being used by going to Device Manager>select the FW card>select Update Driver>choose Let me select from a list. The list should show 3 drivers. Avid recommends the Legacy driver(which you can try). That driver doesn't work for me(with 003) but the TI Compliant driver works great here.
@albee1952
I want to thank you for responding to my cry for help with my connection with my fw card to my digi 002. However, I did what you suggest and I still got no love. As for selecting the correct driver I stated in my first post that I selected Legacy as a driver. What I didn't do is mention that I have a Siig card. It has both 800/400 ports. I'm using the 400 port. I'm about to move up to the 800 port. I still have to take the card out and put it back in, restart my computer, connect fw cable and then power on my digi 002. I don't know why, but it always seem to work like that. It's confusing.