Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 08-20-2019, 10:32 AM

Default New (for me) recording playback problem

I'm having a problem in 2019.6 that I don't seem to have had before. If I have a track with plugins and I record on it, then play back, the track is out of sync. If I turn off record or delete the plugins it goes back in sync. It doesn't affect recording as I use low latency mode and monitor through my Apollo.
Delay compensation is on and I'm outputing directly to the main outputs for monitoring. All plugins are disabled while in record mode.
Did a setting get reset? Did this always happen? Any thoughts about this would be appreciated, Thanks
Old 08-20-2019, 02:35 PM

Default Re: New (for me) recording playback problem

Have you setup a mastering track with mastering plugs active that is running to your monitor outputs? I usually get latency issues when recording like this... if so setup a monitoring track and sends all your subs there you can swap between the two as required....

The other thing I have tried is “save as” your session then commit all the relevant tracks this works well where you have a lot of plugs active. You can then keep the committed ver and/or import the new tracks back to the original session. I have another session where a have this sync issue where first run through I have a clip out of sync yet it is where it should be but the sync issues goes after a second or third run through.... that one is even weirder to try and figure out.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————