Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 09-15-2011, 04:37 AM

Default Problem with playback

1. I upload charts into the iPad using iTunes.
2. They are drumset exercises, there's two instruments: the main drumset and another one which is hidden and only has count-ins and some alternate notes for dynamic changes.
I can play the charts, theres no problem.
3. Then in the following days, they start to not play as they should, that is only the hidden instrument will play. Pretty annoying, and I can't figure why.
I use Sib 7 and the last version of Scorch. I'd have to double-check, but I think it also happens if I save the file in Sib 6 format.
Any advice ?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Problem with playback

Well... No reaction from Avid people...

I have loaded my charts into the iPad again, but this time in Sib6 format. Two days after, they still play fine.
So I guess Avid Scorch is not fully compatible with Sib7.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Hello ARTM,

Apologies for the delay in my response. In theory, Scorch shouldn't treat Sibelius 7 and Sibelius 6 files any differently. It's true that Scorch doesn't support all of Sibelius 7's advanced formatting features (mainly pertaining to text) but I don't believe this should affect playback. We're planning to improve compatibility even further in a future update to Scorch.

I would be interested to have a go with the scores that you're working with to see if I can work out why the problem is arising - perhaps then I will be offer a better fix than simply exporting in Sibelius 6 format. I will contact you directly via our internal support system to arrange this.

Best wishes,

Joe Pearson
Old 09-20-2011, 05:29 PM

Thanks Joe,

You're right, it also happens with Sib6 files. The problem occurred today again. A file (sib6) that was playing fine this afternoon isn't playing ok tonight...
I'm wondering if the file itself is modified by Scorch, but what's strange is that every time a file isn't playing right anymore it happens that the Transpose button is on, although I never touched it, but no transposition has been made as it seems, and if I click to reset the default values nothing changes anyway.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Hi ARTM,

I've replied to you directly via our support centre thread, but just so you know, I've been unable to reproduce this issue yet - although, it sounds like the problem occurs after some period of time, so I'll keep trying and let you know if it does happen.

In the mean time, I've asked some of my colleagues to open your score in Scorch and see if we can break it.

Make sure that you don't have the mute switch activated (on the side of your iPad) and the volume turned fully up. I know this is obvious, but I thought it would be worth mentioning just in case!

I've also found that it is possible to transpose the drum kit instrument by interval - this isn't right, so I'm following this up with our development team. It is possible that the problem you're experiencing and the issue I just mentioned are linked, so perhaps this will lead to a fix.

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 09-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Hi ARTM,

I've replied to you directly via our support centre thread, but just so you know, I've been unable to reproduce this issue yet - although, it sounds like the problem occurs after some period of time, so I'll keep trying and let you know if it does happen.

In the mean time, I've asked some of my colleagues to open your score in Scorch and see if we can break it.

Make sure that you don't have the mute switch activated (on the side of your iPad) and the volume turned fully up. I know this is obvious, but I thought it would be worth mentioning just in case!

I've also found that it is possible to transpose the drum kit instrument by interval - this isn't right, so I'm following this up with our development team. It is possible that the problem you're experiencing and the issue I just mentioned are linked, so perhaps this will lead to a fix.

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 09-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Hi ARTM,

Further to my previous message, it seems that the transposing bug that I mentioned in my previous post is due to be fixed in an upcoming release of Scorch.

I'll still keep trying to reproduce the playback issue.

Best wishes,

Joe