Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-21-2005, 01:10 PM

Default beat detective

I'm sure this has been covered several times, but the "search" function is a pain to browse through... so... where do i find information on how to use beat detective? i just upgraded to 7.0 from 6.4 and i have a feeling i could get a lot of use out of beat detective if i just figured it out.

eless
Old 12-21-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: beat detective

nothing?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:14 PM

hey man, i have a feeling a lot of people arent going to resopnd because the topic has been brought up so many times, and you would be able to find info on it of you searched. but ill help ya....

are you looking to use BD on drum loops(single tracks), or on multiple tracks to a drum kit? with beat detective le there is a bit of a technique to do with multiple tracks cause BD LE doesnt splice/quantize multiple tracks at once. but it DOES edit smoothing on multiple tracks which is kind of nice. so all you need to do is group your drumtracks, tab to transient your hits, set the note vaule, highlight the section and hit ctrl+0, then open BD LE go to the edit smoothing section and and it fills in the gaps for you. pretty simple.

on single track drum loops al of what i explained above can be done right in BD LE window.

i hope ive shedded some light on it for you. if you have any other questions just ask.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:16 PM

The latest EM, on stands right now, actually has an article on BeatDetective. I want to learn to master it, and I may pick that up. Also, to get you started, point your browser to the latest DigiZine. I learned alot about the specific processes just by reading that. Good Luck!
Peace