Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 03-24-2014, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Fast Track Pro out of order after last driver update

Yes, that workaround may work, however you are not using an ASIO driver which would give you low latency recording. You might be able to get better results with also using ASIO4ALL, however, none of that would work as well as a properly functioning driver from Avid.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 03-27-2014, 11:31 AM

Today I have solved the problem: Bought Focusrite Scarlett. Working flawlessly.
Never Avid again.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:30 PM

SOLUTION !!!!

I have a hope for all of you with this problem. Don't get me wrong, I really bought the Focusrite Scarlett. But the day after I had one more idea and IT WORKED!!!

So... using DPC Latency Checker and many hours on Google I found this guy (he really deserves the credit). It was pointed out that new Intel network drivers can interfere with audio drivers.

Try this: uninstall the network drivers from your device manager. You can disable the whole interface also, unplug the cable, just completely disable your wired network. Reboot. Uninstall your avid drivers. Reboot. Install the newest drivers from Avid. Reboot. ENJOY!

I am testing this, and latency under 1ms, no scratches, no dropouts, winamp works, streaming works, youtube works! I am using the latest drivers.

Then you need to install OLDER drives for your network card. Follow the guide in the link, or google older drivers as described. I am using the driver from HP site on my Lenovo and everything works now.

Still mad at avid tho, but little less now

Hope it helps!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:59 AM

WOW!! Thanks for this, and as it happens im using a Lenovo x220. I really should have searched on thier site. I'll give it a go later on when I buy a msata SSD for it and do the OS reinstall
Old 03-30-2014, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ard View Post
SOLUTION !!!!

I'm still pissed at them, they should have found this out and put it in their support long ago. That, and also that they dont give a rats arse about you unless you spend thousands with them
Old 03-31-2014, 05:58 AM

@ Ard: I have forwarded your post on to Avid for them to look into.

Thanks for posting your workaround!!!

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 04-17-2014, 09:05 AM

Hi JoelG,

I've the same problem reported by others with my Fast Track Pro interface. After install the drivers 6.1.10 and inadvertently also the firmware 1.0.2 a lot of noises, clicks, pops and interruptions are noticeable. Outputs 3 and 4 become dumb, silent.

I've unninstalled the driver and installed old 6.0.7, folowed the guide to windows optimization, but the problems persists. Also tested on Mac OS X, and the same happens. The new firmware seems to be the cause of problem.

Any solution ? There is a new firmware on the way ? How to repair my device ?

PN: AU02-073B0
SN: 200Z073017F30

Computer:
Macbook Pro MD101xx/A
Core i5
4Gb Memory, 500Gb

Last edited by jmmaciel; 04-20-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: improve description of problem
Old 04-29-2014, 04:40 AM

Quote:
SOLUTION !!!!
Thank you so much for the hint!

In my case (Asus H87-Pro) I deleted both the drivers for Fast Track Pro and LAN.
Then I reinstalled the newest Fast Track Pro driver and an updated version of the LAN driver by Realtek.

No problems / dropouts / glitches so far. My device works again now!
Old 05-02-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
SOLUTION !!!!

I have a hope for all of you with this problem. Don't get me wrong, I really bought the Focusrite Scarlett. But the day after I had one more idea and IT WORKED!!!

So... using DPC Latency Checker and many hours on Google I found this guy (he really deserves the credit). It was pointed out that new Intel network drivers can interfere with audio drivers.

Try this: uninstall the network drivers from your device manager. You can disable the whole interface also, unplug the cable, just completely disable your wired network. Reboot. Uninstall your avid drivers. Reboot. Install the newest drivers from Avid. Reboot. ENJOY!

I am testing this, and latency under 1ms, no scratches, no dropouts, winamp works, streaming works, youtube works! I am using the latest drivers.

Then you need to install OLDER drives for your network card. Follow the guide in the link, or google older drivers as described. I am using the driver from HP site on my Lenovo and everything works now.

Hope it helps!
Disabling the network adapters is both a documented Windows 7 and Windows 8 recommended optimization. It's been recommended by Avid and the advanced user base for 14 years or so, even on older Windows 98, XP and Vista based Pro Tools workstations. Laptops have always been known to benefit from this optimization the most. Sometimes just disabling wi-fi will be enough on it's own. Good to hear you have your system running trouble free now!

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 05-02-2014, 10:01 PM

Hi everybody,

Already done these steps several times, disabled network, deleted network drivers, installed new ones, but nothing brought back the sound of analog outputs 3/4.

I still have the same problems these guy: http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread...headphones-out

We're still waiting for Avid to release a new Firmware that corrects that problem.

Peace!