Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2008, 06:14 PM

Default Installed HFS+ Support and now all Mac drives unreadable?!

Maybe Rail or someone out there could help out on this one. This seems like a Mac volume type issue so I'll post here first.

So I installed 7.4 and added HFS+ support option on my PC and then connected my Mac formatted HFS+ OWC FW400 drive, PC saw it and had the apple mac drive icon it. Started transferring files from the drive to PC and the drive suddenly disappeared from explorer and transfer froze. This happened with a second Mac drive. Now both Mac drives don't mount on either my Mac Book or my XP Pro PC!

Media Four said 'tough' not our problem, try purchasing Disk Warrior and seeing if you can recover your drive volumes. But since you don't officially own Mac Drive we can't help.

I do see that Mac Drive 7.1 seems to address volume corruption issue that I might be having.
These drives were formatted on 10.4 and used on 10.5 - Not 100% sure if they were OS Ext Journaled, but should have been.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-19-2008, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Installed HFS+ Support and now all Mac drives unreadable?!

I would try DiskWarrior. The HFS+ support included with Pro Tools is very old.. MacDrive has been updated to support newer versions of OS X and has had bug fixes.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 05-20-2008, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Installed HFS+ Support and now all Mac drives unreadable?!

OK, thanks Rail, will try.