Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2016, 06:38 PM
tundra

Default Re: New Waves Greg Wells Tone Centric is a very good example for the CPU Peaks/Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra View Post
I will try tonight. I was running pink noise through 96 channels to test some other things, and got 30 of the tracks to run abbey roads plates no prob, hit 80% cpu.. that plate is a cpu killer. 30 mono at 24/48 is nothing to sneeze at..
ps i have a hackintosh that vastly outpaces any current apple machine.. so there is that too..
35 mono tracks each with an abbey road mono plate.. no probs.. 2048 buffer
24/96

Thats pretty insane..

In case you were curious. Screenshot attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 6.31.19 PM.jpg (71.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-25-2016, 03:39 PM

Default Re: New Waves Greg Wells Tone Centric is a very good example for the CPU Peaks/Errors

I ran into the issue with Greg's plugins today after I updated to the latest versions. I didn't realise they didn't currently support 12.6.

Those lovely guys at Waves support have suggested a couple of potential solutions, which I'll try tomorrow.

I guess I got lazy in checking support for new versions of PT as Waves plugs always just worked for me when there was a PT update. I'll be more careful going forward. Now I know. 12.6 not yet supported. 12.5.2 Yes. 12.6 support will be forthcoming. Just a heads up and warning to others who got lazy like me.

John
Old 10-25-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantise View Post
I ran into the issue with Greg's plugins today after I updated to the latest versions. I didn't realise they didn't currently support 12.6.

Those lovely guys at Waves support have suggested a couple of potential solutions, which I'll try tomorrow.

I guess I got lazy in checking support for new versions of PT as Waves plugs always just worked for me when there was a PT update. I'll be more careful going forward. Now I know. 12.6 not yet supported. 12.5.2 Yes. 12.6 support will be forthcoming. Just a heads up and warning to others who got lazy like me.

John
What were those recommended solutions??
Old 10-25-2016, 03:55 PM

Too long to post right now. I need to go to bed. I'll try them tomorrow in the studio and post what works - if anything.

Love the GW plugins. Just wish I knew what he was doing. Still they sound great.

BTW The new ToneCentric seems ok in 12.6

John
Old 10-26-2016, 10:21 AM

Kudos to Adi at Waves Support for coming up with a solution that got me back up and running with the Greg Wells plugins on 12.6.

The procedure was basically to un-install and then re-install all the Waves plugins and Waves Central, making sure that all residual folders and caches are removed before the re-install.

WARNING: I asked him if he would mind me cutting/pasting his fix to the forum and he advised that because each system will be different, there might be issues with what worked for me on other people's systems. Much better to go to Waves Support directly through their website. That makes a lot of sense to me. Those guys got back to me within 6-hours so there is nothing to lose in going to them direct.

John