Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2010, 09:50 PM

Default Sample Rate Mismatch... How to export files as regions after problem.

Okay. I started a session with 44.1 K settings, but I forgot to change my digital mixer board settings to 44.1 K (it was set to 48K). When I "Export Regions as Files" They are pitched low.

I have fixed this problem with music projects before by opening a new session, and importing Session data from the other project making sure I tell it not to "Apply SRC". When I bounce the project, it all turns out correctly.

But this solution doesn't work when using "Export Regions as Files." When I look at them in the audio folder, they still show up as 44.1 K even though they are in fact 48K files. So when I tell it to export, it just copies the audio to the destination folder which is a confused audio file that thinks it is 44.1 K.

Are there any tricks to getting these files to realize they are 48 K so that I can "Export Regions as Files" and get them sounding right?
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 04-24-2010, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Sample Rate Mismatch... How to export files as regions after problem.

If you don't want to go to the effort of doing the whole session, then you'll at least have to do it to the exported files. Create a new session at 48K and import just your exported files without applying SRC. Finally, export again and all will be right.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 04-24-2010, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Sample Rate Mismatch... How to export files as regions after problem.

Thanks Top Jimmy.

I tried that. But I couldn't figure out how to import audio files into the session without Pro Tools applying SRC. It wasn't an option in the import Audio Dialogue. Did you find that somewhere else? I only find that option on import session data.

Regardless, I just solved the problem. After I imported the session to the correct 48K sample rate session (without applying SRC). I did a Save Session Copy... and it converted the audio files in the copy to the correct formats. At that point, I could export the regions as files and it worked correctly.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio