Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-10-2004, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Logic into Protools. An idea for someone to steal.

We achive the same effect using a similar method;
The way it is done here is by using a RME9632 (dual ADAT card) for LAP and feeding the outputs of the card into an Adat bridge.
Hence having 16 busses fed from LAP to PT. works great !
Transport is controled from PT using MMC.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:26 AM

I haven't tried that, as I don't have a G5 available, but in principle it should work.

On my iBook with an MBox I can get Logic to use the standard CoreAudio driver and output from the headphones minijack socket, and I can plug it into the analog input of the MBox to record in in ProTools. Aside the audio quality, though, I still have to deal with the latency. The IAC side of things works perfectly if ProTools is master and generates MTC. I suppose I could get a FireWire interface to run with Logic and go SPDIF into the MBox, but I would rather avoid having to spend more money and also having to deal with latency issues.

I'm still investigating the VST to ReWire issue, perhaps Jack's VST plug could be wrapped for ReWire instead of RTAS, and that might make it work.
[email protected]
Old 01-20-2005, 12:51 PM

I'm trying this IAC/MMC scheme to trigger Logic 7 Instruments form PT. (Alas, I'm a Logic newbie) How can one configure IAC inputs to Logic Instruments on the Logic side? (There is no IAC mention in the ever-so-turgid Logic manual)
TIA
Old 03-30-2018, 11:17 AM

You can bus Logic Pro audio output or any core audio Application like MainStage, iTunes Digital Performer ect.. using Source Elements Nexus

https://source-elements.com/products/source-nexus

Its a Core Audio driver that connects to a AAX plugin in ProTools
Select the Source Nexus Driver in Logic Pro's output page then load the
Source Nexus plugin in you ProTools session. Use the IAC bus to send MIDI from ProTools to Logic and your good to go.

Since its a AAX you will need ProTools 10 or higher
For older versions of ProTools It may work with the VST to RTAS wrapper or BlueCat PatchWork but I have not tested that config