Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-02-2017, 01:32 PM

Default Re: No Pro Tools 13 for me unfortunately.

HDx works for me. At 64 buffer. Sending cues via protools as well. But I cannot have VI'S at the same time. Have to freeze those tracks. It's the midi and soft synths that give you dsp errors imo. But 512 works with VI'S and recording at the same time.

I also do not think it is the number of tracks record enabled either. 1 or 30 tracks recording I have found that protools behaves the same with regards to the AAE errors.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
My comment about the corporate world is pertinent. Your optimism will never be rewarded as long as Avid has a CEO and other leadership whose primary goal is raising stock value, rather than delivering a great product to their customers. And maximizing revenue instead of earning it.

The decision to outsource PT development was not in your best interest, and the decision to go to a subscription model was all about maximizing revenue. Even the failed cloud collaboration efforts were about creating another revenue stream. That was an enormous (mostly wasted) effort.

Every company wants to be profitable. But the better ones do so by offering a superior product.
I believe this shows the above to be true.

I do hope that AVID has a miraculous recovery in 2017. I believe it will take a major upheaval from the top down with product oriented protagonists driving the environment and a lot of hard work from the development team to get the product as solid as Sears... so to speak.

It appears the company has been on this (self destructive?) course for quite a while...one would think those operating the rudder and throttle would take notice...

However, I don't know what goes on behind the closed doors at AVID and feel that the free market will rule on this in time, whatever course AVID takes.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.

Last edited by ArKay99; 01-02-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low View Post
Fair enough
but 26 tracks in record with disk cache on SSD / 32 GB RAM
Clean PT session
without any Plug ins in the session and no 3rd party plugins installed
ADC off
should work without - 9173
Agree 10000000000% with that. These 9173 errors shows up on both HDX and HD Native but more for us when we ran a system with HD native as HD Native pcie cards doesn't help the computer at all with CPU performance etc like HDX does BUTTTT as you said, PT should run well and without any errors if your machine is 100% set up correctly and optimized etc.

I hate these 9173 6101 errors as they keep following us with every new version and it is a pain and a flow killer for sure..

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-02-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
HDx works for me. At 64 buffer. Sending cues via protools as well. But I cannot have VI'S at the same time. Have to freeze those tracks. It's the midi and soft synths that give you dsp errors imo. But 512 works with VI'S and recording at the same time.

I also do not think it is the number of tracks record enabled either. 1 or 30 tracks recording I have found that protools behaves the same with regards to the AAE errors.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
As far as i know,
there is a big difference , how PT deals with latency on Native vs HD / HDX !!
VI are native AAX , even in HDX

Audio Inputs Outputs Routing etc. is done via DSP in HDX .. correct me if im wrong

There are some detailed descriptions on the DUC
Old 01-02-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro perez View Post
Same here, whats your advice for and how to go about selling a Digidesing C24 ?
Sorry m8 no advice. I've actually considering burning all of the gear, filming it and posting on youtube. maybe spectrasonics could make a few new patches..... Burning procontrol or burning 192. We'll see

i've been been using PT since 2003 ish and have basically heard these same problems in one way or another since then. Do you really think its gonna ever change? Hope all you want,avid doesnt care. They are a business and can follow whatever business model they want. As a consumer we can follow whatever we want...dont buy the product. That simple.
I suggest just try something else,you may he suprised
Old 01-02-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post
Sorry m8 no advice. I've actually considering burning all of the gear, filming it and posting on youtube. maybe spectrasonics could make a few new patches..... Burning procontrol or burning 192. We'll see

i've been been using PT since 2003 ish and have basically heard these same problems in one way or another since then. Do you really think its gonna ever change? Hope all you want,avid doesnt care. They are a business and can follow whatever business model they want. As a consumer we can follow whatever we want...dont buy the product. That simple.
I suggest just try something else,you may he suprised
I'm a happy LPX user honestly use C24 only to "talkback"
Old 01-02-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro perez View Post
Same here, whats your advice for and how to go about selling a Digidesing C24 ?
Well what advice do you need? Ebay and here in the buy and sell section.

Just pack it up and post it for sale.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-02-2017, 03:14 PM

https://shop.presonus.com/products/s...One-Crossgrade
Old 01-02-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post

It appears the company has been on this (self destructive?) course for quite a while...one would think those operating the rudder and throttle would take notice...
those operating the rudder and throttle are busy stroking the stockholders and collecting fat paychecks and bonuses while the ship is leaking...
Old 01-02-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
Every U.S. public corporation developer had to either move to subscriptions or offer free updates sold as part of hardware due to tax laws.
Its not the fact that they do a subscription based plan, I get that, but the cost for HD is insane, considering they are not providing anything of value for that money.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp