Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-14-2008, 07:31 AM

Default Pro Tools 7.4 Elastic audio tutorials...?

Are there any video tutorials going through the elastic audio features of 7.4?

I have seen the ones on the Digi web site, that Phil Jackson has done, and while they are informative, it's on a broader level.

I was wondering if any where available that really went into detail, showing real world examples, practical applications, especially using the warp markers, etc...

I'm doing fairly well with it, I think, but would love to see a seasoned Pro Tools guy using it in action, explaining WHY he/she is doing something.

Is there anything on the market like that yet?

Thanks in advance...
Old 01-15-2008, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.4 Elastic audio tutorials...?

I've been working on a title for HowAudio.com on this subject. They've posted a free preview movie on youtube that might be helpful.

Here

Hope that helps...
Old 01-16-2008, 02:30 AM

Cool !
How would one proceed if you have an existing project and you would want it to become slower ?
By this I mean I would like to keep the drums, guitars, keyboards and bass (all on seperate tracks) but slow it down (without changing pitch an without other artifacts).
I would re-record the vocals.

Best regards,
chicken
Old 01-16-2008, 11:22 AM

Yes, you can easily change the whole project tempo. Including vocals!

1. Make sure all tracks are set to "ticks" mode. To change this hold down option and click on the little colored icon to the left of the word "dyn" on any audio track in the edit window.

2. Enable elastic time on all audio tracks. The easiest way is to hold down the option key and select the "polyphonic" elastic audio plug-in. You can change the drum tracks to "rhythmic" if you want, or tweak later.

3. In the edit window, go up to the tempo ruler and double click on the red triangle. That will bring up the Tempo Change dialog box. Change the tempo to whatever you want. To keep things nice and tidy, try to make this change on bar 1 beat 1 (as far to the left as you can go in the tempo ruler).

That's it! Your tracks should now play at the new tempo.

If that doesn't work, try step 4:

4. Make sure ProTools knows how long each region should be. To check this select each region one at a time and press option+5 (or select "elastic properties" from the Region menu). Type in the correct length for the region. (It really helps if you can trim your regions to an exact length in grid mode first, so that your regions are a nice round length such as 4|0|000). For example, a 4 bar drum loop region needs to be exactly 4 bars long and read 4|0|000 in the elastic properties window for elastic audio to work correctly. Do this for every region that's not changing tempo correctly.

Hope that helps,

Jeff D.