Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Mac OS X

Old 06-08-2014, 08:41 AM

Default Cannot hear playback in Pro Tools Express?

Hello! I'm new to the forums and semi-new to using Pro Tools (however I have had experience with other software like Logic). I have Googled and searched for an answer to this problem, but so far I have had no luck.

I have the Mbox Mini and Pro Tools Express installed and working. Under the Playback Engine they only allow me to use the Mbox, which is fine because Pro Tools will only allow playback through the Mbox. When I record, there are levels and I can hear myself in my headphones, but when I go back to hear the recording, there is no sound. I have Track Record Enable turned OFF, so I know that's not the issue. I also have tried experimenting with the gain, mix, and master knobs. I'm fairly certain this is a software issue since I am able to hear myself in my headphones and am able to record successfully.

I have all of my I/O's set to default. Are there I/O settings that I am unaware of? I have tried changing some of the output and input settings to no avail. I went into my computer's preferences and set the audio output to Avid Mbox.

There is probably a simple fix to this problem that I have overlooked, so I apologize if this is a question that has been answered before. I feel as if I have exhausted all of my options. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Cannot hear playback in Pro Tools Express?

Nevermind! Got the playback up and running. Seems as if I simply didn't have the mix up high enough to hear the playback through my headphones. What a silly mistake! Thanks for the support of these forums anyway!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:44 AM

Im having the same problem i cant hear my audio i recored a song and couldnt hear it..
Im using pro tool express and M-Trackplus

Last edited by proudmom; 06-09-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: forgot to put what i have
Old 06-10-2014, 09:36 AM

Try going through this article at InMusic:http://www.noterepeat.com/articles/h...ai-pro-edition

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM