Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2019, 02:13 AM

Default Protools ultimate license Support renewal 😡😡

Being a avid protools loyal customer for many yrs i upgraded a couple years ago to ultimate £1500 with 1yr support and updates, At the time of support renewal i was in financial hard times and could not afford to do the support so continued to use my protools ultimate with out it until i was able to update it , Well when i tried to add the support and updates i was told i would have to pay $999 to re-instate it and a further £299 for the Support and updates?? Hang on a sec I already paid for the software £1500 which i own So why are they asking for $999+ £299 for support ??? wtf .. my only option is to take out a subscription for £80 per month Absolutely Fuming is to put it mild i am so angry at avid for treating loyal customers who invest in there software to be treated totally disgustingly and disrespectfully.. Everything i own is avid as i believe it is the best of the best but this has thrown a huge lump in my throat
Avid hdx
Avid 16x16
Avid Pre 8
Avid C|24
Avid sync
Protools 9,9hd 10hd
Midi
If this isn’t loyalty then what is ? I am so Angry at them right now Completely feel empty and Ripped Off .. 😡😡😡😡
Old 12-06-2019, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Protools ultimate license Support renewal 😡😡

welcome to the Club.. as a vanilla user, I can only *imagine* how an Ultimate user feels.. It sucks man..
Old 12-06-2019, 02:53 AM

" i was told i would have to pay $999 to re-instate it and a further £299 for the Support and updates"

Reinstatement includes 1 year support and update ,
so you have to pay only that.

After 01.01 2020 no reinstatement avaiable anymore.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undadogz View Post
Well when i tried to add the support and updates i was told i would have to pay $999 to re-instate it and a further £299 for the Support and updates??
That sounds weird. The reinstatement contains one year of updates and support, what for is the additional £299 asked for???

Quote:
Hang on a sec I already paid for the software £1500 which i own So why are they asking for $999+ £299 for support ???
It's their business model...

Quote:
wtf .. my only option is to take out a subscription for £80 per month Absolutely Fuming is to put it mild i am so angry at avid for treating loyal customers who invest in there software to be treated totally disgustingly and disrespectfully.. Everything i own is avid as i believe it is the best of the best but this has thrown a huge lump in my throat
Avid hdx
Avid 16x16
Avid Pre 8
Avid C|24
Avid sync
Protools 9,9hd 10hd
Midi
If this isn’t loyalty then what is ? I am so Angry at them right now Completely feel empty and Ripped Off .. ��������
Pardon me, but don't be too naive to believe that they care about customers!
It is a corporation...they only care how to get paid (5m/year, gets the CEO for example) and present profit to investors and shareholders. That's why they have this business plan, so the users of the hardware/software feed them.

"Pay in advance and you'll get what we want (features/fixes), whenever we want (just keep paying)."

If you can work with the current version you have then, don't give them a single penny, it's not worth it at all, at the current state. The only way to deal with greed is to keep your cash in pocket.

Cheers!
Old 12-06-2019, 04:02 AM

You would think right but NO $999 to reinstate my protools ultimate to the current version then a yrs support for a extra £299 paided in full ����
Old 12-06-2019, 04:05 AM

I agree it won’t be long before the C|24 is no longer supported so it will have to be a upgrade to a S6 absolute nightmare ..
Old 12-06-2019, 04:06 AM

this was what they said to me
Hi Martin,

About your question, yes it's $999 to reinstate your Perpetual license to get the latest version and it would be $399 after that (this is the current pricing).
Old 12-06-2019, 04:09 AM

yea gutted no wonder people use logic or cubas it’s a absurd to charge this amount
Old 12-06-2019, 04:27 AM

Quote:
this was what they said to me
Hi Martin,

About your question, yes it's $999 to reinstate your Perpetual license to get the latest version and it would be $399 after that (this is the current pricing).
Yes $999 reinstatement and NEXT YEAR $399 for the support plan with updates and all the plugins so it is NOT 999+399 this year. The $399 is the following year and every year you wish to stay on the plan.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-06-2019, 04:50 AM

Still does not warrant the £999 reinstate it’s like buying it twice i already had to sell my control 24 and pcie core and accel cards and 3x digi 192’s because they was no longer supported 😡😡Won’t be long before the hdx will be replaced and the C|24 Crazy !! can’t keep up with it