Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Avid

Default Re: Audio Record or Playback Volume Error Info

Pro Tools 7.1.1 is required for compatibility with Intel Macs.

You can download the update here (assuming you qualify for a free update, which requires a Pro Tools 7 or higher code):

Pro Tools 7.1.1 for Intel Mac
Old 06-22-2006, 11:03 AM

so what about those of us who only have the 6.9.2 version? i mean i just bought the 6.7 version last july, so not even a year ago. do i have to buy a brand new pro tools 7 already? just to be able to start recording music. i mean im not trying to sound like a dick or anything, i realize that u just work for digidesign, but that seems a lil screwed up. is there anything i can do? or is there some sort of deal for those in my situation? thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 01:28 PM

i just purchased a new mac book pro, protools 7.1.1 installed, and i'm running an m-audio 1814 interface, and a maxtor 300GB...here's the problem: everytime i try to open a session it says my HD's not a valid record volume, even when i go to workspace and click R or P it doesn't let me change it, i tried everything, and nothing works, please help!!! going nuts over here...
Old 06-23-2006, 09:11 AM

hey thanks for posting that. im running 6.9.2 and was considering upgrading to 7.1.1, but it would cost me $75 that i dont have to spend, but if u are having the exact same prob with 7.1.1 then screw it. im just gonna find a new and better program. i went to a school that was a pro tools school, and ive had a lot of trouble with pt, so screw it. thanks. peace
Old 06-23-2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
i just purchased a new mac book pro, protools 7.1.1 installed, and i'm running an m-audio 1814 interface, and a maxtor 300GB...here's the problem: everytime i try to open a session it says my HD's not a valid record volume, even when i go to workspace and click R or P it doesn't let me change it,
I'll bet you did not reformat the drive so it is FAT32 out of the box
On a Mac you need to be formated HFS+ Journaling turned on

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-06-2006, 08:43 PM

I'm using Macbook: 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo1; 1.5 GB memory; 60GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive2 SuperDrive and the 002 rack. My system is the Mac OS X ver. 10.4.7 and my startup disk is the Macintosh HD. I have installed PT ver. 6.9.2 however when I create a new session and I want to
"save as" it says the following:

Session must be on an audio record volume.

I have read through all the previous post but I'm still slightly at lost because I just got this Mac and I don't want to do any serious damage or get to the point where I have to reboot and what-not. Do I have to format the volume either as Mac OS Extended (journaled) or other? or do I have to Repair disk permissions? I DO NOT want to save my audio files to none of the internal drives.. a big no no....

The other thing is that I have an external hard drive WD USB 2... and this is the drive that all my audio work is saved too.. well it was Via Windows. The problem is that when I try to save to this drive the (save) section next to the (cancel) is inactive. Is it because Mac (by just connecting the external drive with the usb2) didn't fully recognize what it is and in that case I need to install the software that came with the external drive?

Thanks
Sebastian
Old 07-09-2006, 06:40 AM

I am also haveing this problem, 'Could not save because Assertion in "CNeolnode.cpp",line1242" I have tried
reinstalling pro tools , disk repair, and the areas digitech support sudjested in the trouble shooting guide specifically" those areas on trashing preference and database files. " I am using a G5 and digi002.

I have a session booked in for a week starting at ten tommorrow morning
help [email protected]
Old 07-09-2006, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Assertion in \"CNeolnode.cpp\",line1242

I am also haveing this problem, 'Could not save because Assertion in "CNeolnode.cpp",line1242" I have tried
reinstalling pro tools , disk repair, and the areas digitech support sudjested in the trouble shooting guide specifically" those areas on trashing preference and database files. " I am using a G5 and digi002.

I have a session booked in for a week starting at ten tommorrow morning
help [email protected]
Old 07-15-2006, 03:05 PM

Thanks for the great info DUC , you´re the best!

Also people, if you are using Mac OS X 10.4.3 then be sure you are using Pro Tools LE 6.9.2

God bless

Thrab
Old 07-19-2006, 08:39 AM

When I try to play a wav or record vocals I'm not hearing anything. Yet when I look at the mixer things are moving and sound appears to be playing. What can I do?
Closed Thread