Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2009, 06:14 PM

Default Re: question for 25ghosts

That was not the question was it?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio Studio View Post
That was not the question was it?
Well, you can use the TDM and it works, Yes. What I meant was that I find it a "waste" of good TDM chip space to store audio information on them when I can do it unlimited in with RTAS. Also - having to swap plug-in instance every time you wanna prolong the reverb is a drag. With RTAS you instantiate and work. That is what I like
Old 03-09-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFord View Post
#3:
25 ghosts, please describe your dream date.
DrFord,

Thanks for the chuckle, brother. I love threads like this!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
Well, you can use the TDM and it works, Yes. What I meant was that I find it a "waste" of good TDM chip space to store audio information on them when I can do it unlimited in with RTAS. Also - having to swap plug-in instance every time you wanna prolong the reverb is a drag. With RTAS you instantiate and work. That is what I like

I noticed that the RTAS version would not allow you to run Delay Compensation on "Short", which really eats up DSP chips a lot faster though. That would be the only reason I could see running Altiverb as TDM. Even though it eats up a chip, it saves you from using more for Delay Compensation Engine.

I asked because I am demoing it now and thinking about buying it, but just want to know if it is worth paying nearly double for the TDM version.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-tone View Post
I noticed that the RTAS version would not allow you to run Delay Compensation on "Short", which really eats up DSP chips a lot faster though. That would be the only reason I could see running Altiverb as TDM. Even though it eats up a chip, it saves you from using more for Delay Compensation Engine.

I asked because I am demoing it now and thinking about buying it, but just want to know if it is worth paying nearly double for the TDM version.
IF I had to buy it again I would not get the TDM version.