Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 10-02-2013, 10:44 AM

Default ProTools HD 10.3.6 - iZotope RX3 DlgDenoiser 'missing plugin' isn't missing

I keep getting a 'missing plugin' message for a DlgDenoiser insert when it clearly is in the correct plugin folder. I can pull up the DlgDenoiser in the session that has the missing DlgDenoiser. Is there a way to see what plugin file and what folder the 'missing' insert is pointing to?

IMDb (very partial)
Old 10-02-2013, 03:04 PM

Default Re: ProTools HD 10.3.6 - iZotope RX3 DlgDenoiser 'missing plugin' isn't missing

When I installed RX 3 it kept the files for RX2. I went to PT 11 and it says: RX2 can not be found but at start up it gives the option to 'move files to unused plugins', and that solved the problem. But, in PT 10.3.7 I now have Rx 2 and Rx 3....I could move the rx2 files to the unused plugins bin.

g
Old 10-03-2013, 06:56 AM

Default Re: ProTools HD 10.3.6 - iZotope RX3 DlgDenoiser 'missing plugin' isn't missing

Thanks for the reply, garnoil.

I've done all kinds of plugin folder shuffling to see what the problem is and I really don't understand what's going on. Unless the DlgDenoiser insert that I used throughout an hour doc, iZRX3DialogueDenoiserPTHook.dpm, was somewhere other than /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins and ProTools was still able to see it, I'm stumped. That's why I would LOVE to know what folder and what file the 'missing insert' in my session is looking when there are only two possible areas and two possible files to look for:

- iZRX3DialogueDenoiserPTHook.dpm in /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins

- iZRX3DialogueDenoiserAAXHook.aaxplugin in /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-ins

Being in PT10, I can't bring up the RX3 AAX Plug-ins. Like you, I was given the option to move them all to Plug-ins (Unused) when I installed RX3 and I did. Even when they are in Plug-ins, I don't see them in my sessions, so they are to be forgotten.

Plus, if I have iZRX3DialogueDenoiserPTHook.dpm in /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins, I can bring it up on an insert. But my missing insert is still 'missing'. Obviously, I don't want to re-do all my denoising, so I'm pulling my hair out here trying to figure this out.

IMDb (very partial)
Old 10-03-2013, 07:30 AM

try this: make new blank session with 1 blank track and see if you can insert the denoises and also check for audio suite. If the denoiser is in this new session, then, do a session data import and import the data from the session with the problem. This way, you at least have the session back, then you can try to figure out where Izotope ot PT is putting these new plugins.

I am very new to Pro-Tools 11 but when I installed it it also installed PT 10.3.7 and it looks like the plugin folders for PT 11 are not the same as for PT 10 but certain plugins like Izotope work on both versions of PT on the same computer so they must be installing in both folders.

I had a similar problem with Nugen ISL, when I opened a session it said "nugen not found' so the track would come with Nugen not active but I could insert another Nugen right on the same track. So it did not fin the original Nugen (somehow that became disabled) but the new version was active and insertable. To keep the automation for Nugen, I made new tracks and copied the data by hand (highlight the entire track and copy to the new track below with the new Nugen) and that worked.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
try this: make new blank session with 1 blank track and see if you can insert the denoises and also check for audio suite. If the denoiser is in this new session, then, do a session data import and import the data from the session with the problem. This way, you at least have the session back, then you can try to figure out where Izotope ot PT is putting these new plugins.

I am very new to Pro-Tools 11 but when I installed it it also installed PT 10.3.7 and it looks like the plugin folders for PT 11 are not the same as for PT 10 but certain plugins like Izotope work on both versions of PT on the same computer so they must be installing in both folders.

I had a similar problem with Nugen ISL, when I opened a session it said "nugen not found' so the track would come with Nugen not active but I could insert another Nugen right on the same track. So it did not fin the original Nugen (somehow that became disabled) but the new version was active and insertable. To keep the automation for Nugen, I made new tracks and copied the data by hand (highlight the entire track and copy to the new track below with the new Nugen) and that worked.
I give it a shot. I also thought to just copy my automation from my 'missing insert' bus to a duplicate bus with an automated DlgDenoiser on it, but it wouldn't copy the old DlgDenoiser automation...

IMDb (very partial)