Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2014, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by propower View Post
It seems almost certain that the much desired "freeze" feature will be a PT12 thing - though we can hope its in 11.3

Avid already stated that Avid Everywhere is built around PT11.

The next big release will be the version that implements infrastructure for the key features of Avid Everywhere - perhaps in tandem with a public Beta of Avid Everywhere (though I don't expect that will happen much before the next annual Vegas meeting).

I think it's fairly unlikely they'll go straight to release with out a public Beta cycle, but who knows.

Again, it remains to be seen whether or not "Freeze" is part of Pro Tools regular functionality, or is a feature of a subscription based "Collaboration" option...

Likewise with storage, and the market place options.

Avid may be going it alone, but they may also be working in partnership with the likes of Gobbler, and Soundcloud.

There was a lot of speculation that Pro Tools had lost "send to Gobbler" as well as "send to Soundcloud", and that this must be a case of Avid getting the hump with, or going in to competition with said companies.

It turns out that those features were removed due to the Hearbleed bug, and will be reinstated - again, the implication being an iteration of PT11.

I think PT12 is still quite some way off, and I'm in no rush.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Kolchak View Post
Avid already stated that Avid Everywhere is built around PT11.

The next big release will be the version that implements infrastructure for the key features of Avid Everywhere - perhaps in tandem with a public Beta of Avid Everywhere (though I don't expect that will happen much before the next annual Vegas meeting).

I think it's fairly unlikely they'll go straight to release with out a public Beta cycle, but who knows.

Again, it remains to be seen whether or not "Freeze" is part of Pro Tools regular functionality, or is a feature of a subscription based "Collaboration" option...

Likewise with storage, and the market place options.

Avid may be going it alone, but they may also be working in partnership with the likes of Gobbler, and Soundcloud.

There was a lot of speculation that Pro Tools had lost "send to Gobbler" as well as "send to Soundcloud", and that this must be a case of Avid getting the hump with, or going in to competition with said companies.

It turns out that those features were removed due to the Hearbleed bug, and will be reinstated - again, the implication being an iteration of PT11.

I think PT12 is still quite some way off, and I'm in no rush.
Same here! PT11 works just fine!

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro
Old 08-26-2014, 12:29 AM

Weird that no one is quite excited about the next release ....
this might be due to 2 factors:
worries about stability ... I mean why there must be a lot of bugs with every release, take a look at reason for example, a solid release everytime and one or two updates ....
and the high cost to update ....
Pro Tools 2019.12
Logic Pro X
Reason 11

Apogee Thunderbridge/Apogee Symphony I/O 2x6
Eleven Rack SPDIF/Focusrite ISA Two/Onyx 1640i
UAD Satellite Quad Thunderbolt
MOOG Mother 32
Nektar Panorama P1
Axiom AIR 49/Axiom 49/Yamaha P35
Fender Mustang/Ibanez Pedals/Fender Strat/Acoustic Yamaha Guitar
Genelec 8040b/Yamaha HS80s/M-Audio BX5a
Beats Solo/Shure SRH1840

http://equipboard.com/becharasaliba
Old 08-26-2014, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bechara View Post
Weird that no one is quite excited about the next release ....
this might be due to 2 factors:
worries about stability ... I mean why there must be a lot of bugs with every release, take a look at reason for example, a solid release everytime and one or two updates ....
and the high cost to update ....
Or 3.:
We are not in any kind of hurry yet as PT11 is still being developed so chill out and work with what ypu get and when PT12 comes along we can rejoyce over that together. Until then this speculation is nothing more than just that / Speculation

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-26-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
You can already do this partially, you have to set all your tracks to their own out-put. It's a little bit more time consuming, and if you have more tracks than out-puts you might have to do it in two or three shots, but the possibility is there. Of course having the option would be much better :)

As for rewire, I think it's more propellerhead that determines if it's one way or two way?
Manny, Yeah, I know you can partially do the export track thing..but like you said, its a PITA! As for Rewire...I've asked everywhere on this and I can't ever seem to get a straight answer! No one has ever explained to me why it can't be two-way. I suppose Prop-head would have to be the initiator since its their protocol, but I think all that means is that they'd simply open up the architecture to allow it for any other developer who wants to implement, like they do now for the 1-way version.

I don't get the difficulty in doing that. Take an audio file from PT, route via Rewire to an audio input in Reason instantiated on an PT track, process with a couple of the Reason creative fx like Scream and/or Alligator, send back to a PT aux via Rewire out, and mix! Why is that so difficult??!!??
IntelCore i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz
Pro Tools 2019.10
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6

Old 10-08-2014, 06:28 AM

Pro Tools 11 is buggy as it is. Let them perfect 11 before asking for them to release a half assed version 12.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:39 AM

I second your opinion :) For me .... Nothing comes close so far to the stability of Logic Pro X (not a single glitch)
Pro Tools 2019.12
Logic Pro X
Reason 11

Apogee Thunderbridge/Apogee Symphony I/O 2x6
Eleven Rack SPDIF/Focusrite ISA Two/Onyx 1640i
UAD Satellite Quad Thunderbolt
MOOG Mother 32
Nektar Panorama P1
Axiom AIR 49/Axiom 49/Yamaha P35
Fender Mustang/Ibanez Pedals/Fender Strat/Acoustic Yamaha Guitar
Genelec 8040b/Yamaha HS80s/M-Audio BX5a
Beats Solo/Shure SRH1840