Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2015, 02:36 AM

Default Initial Loading Window Shrinks

Upon start up on Pro Tools 11 the window is maximized as normal but after "Loading Notation Libraries" it jumps to a smaller window and the top menu options become truncated. I have to double click on each restore down and maximize icon to get it to maximize at all. Even still the top menu options are not normal after.

This happened suddenly. It worked fine for a while.

Troubleshooting done:
Upgraded from 11.2 to 11.3
Moved entire plugin folder to another drive
Tried different resolutions
restarted pc several times

Specs:
Acer AXC-603G-UW13
Quad Core
8GB RAM
Terabyte
Windows 8.1
Pro Tools 11.3

Any ideas?
Old 01-06-2015, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Initial Loading Window Shrinks

Could be a graphics card issue; PT doesn't like integrated graphics cards and from what I can see on Acer's page it says nothing about what it uses for graphics (onboard/integrated or card in a card bay). Another issue is that 2GHz Celeron cpu is underpowered for PT use.

Oh yeah - do NOT move the plugins folder to another drive - leave them on your system drive. You can move plugin content (like samples) but not the plugins themselves.

QAPLA!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:03 AM

Thanks for the reply. Hope the graphics card is not the case as I got this computer specifically for PT use. Figured with a quad core and 8GB of RAM I couldn't go wrong for the price I got it for on sale during the holidays.

When I said another drive I actually went back and checked and I was wrong about that. I moved them to another folder on the same drive. Reason I did so was because I recently added a lot of plugins, a lot of them demo versions. Thought maybe something broke it in the plugin realm since it wasn't happening before about a week ago.

Still think it may be related.

Interesting that it doesn't happen until the "Loading Notation Libraries" pops across the screen. Until then all is normal.

Any other ideas?
Old 01-06-2015, 12:56 PM

Fixed it! It was the monitor. I changed it out and it stopped doing it! Thanks for the help!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehumanscience View Post
Fixed it! It was the monitor. I changed it out and it stopped doing it! Thanks for the help!
Good you got it sorted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehumanscience View Post
Thanks for the reply. Hope the graphics card is not the case as I got this computer specifically for PT use. Figured with a quad core and 8GB of RAM I couldn't go wrong for the price I got it for on sale during the holidays.

When I said another drive I actually went back and checked and I was wrong about that. I moved them to another folder on the same drive. Reason I did so was because I recently added a lot of plugins, a lot of them demo versions. Thought maybe something broke it in the plugin realm since it wasn't happening before about a week ago.

Still think it may be related.

Interesting that it doesn't happen until the "Loading Notation Libraries" pops across the screen. Until then all is normal.

Any other ideas?
If you move plugins to another folder then PT won't see them; don't know if that was your intent or not. If you don't want them PT creates a folder for just that purpose called 'unused plugins'; move them there with PT shut down.

QAPLA!