Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 11-20-2012, 07:28 PM

Default Fast Track C400 with M-Audio Keystation 49e

Hi All -

I am a bit of an amateur when it comes to ProTools so I hope I can get rely on the collective knowledge out here on the intertubes. I am trying to use my M-Audio Keystation 49e to control the software instruments that came on ProTools SE 8.0.3. I can select the keystation as the controller, however the system makes me select something from the "Receive From" menu - the only option is the Fast Track C400. The problem is that the system appears to be thinking that the Keystation is now coming through the C400 rather than come through the USB on the computer - kind of defeating the purpose of it being a USB Keyboard Controller. Any thoughts on how I can make this work short of actually buying a MIDI cable to connect this thing to the C400?
Old 11-23-2012, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Fast Track C400 with M-Audio Keystation 49e

I have a fast track II and connected my new midi keyboard (ESI keysControl 25) via USB to the computer. After this I started Pro Tools SE and selected a Piano session. When I record enabled the track I could start playing. Did not have to adjust any setting.
Is your keybaord listed in device manager?
Old 11-24-2012, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Fast Track C400 with M-Audio Keystation 49e

Thanks! I was able to play around with it a little more tonight and was able to figure it out. It just opens up a new dimension when I can add some keys. I have been impressed with how user-friendly the system is at the bare bones approach. I would imagine that the addition of plug ins and the like would make it more of a challenge.