Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2012, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Discontinued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
That's because MP is discontinued. Sorry but time to move on. MP line got pulled out with PT 10. And M-Audio is no longer a product own by Avid. M-powered was made to go with M-Audio products. No M-Audio = No M-powered. Pro tools 10 non HD works just fine even with M-audio products.
Well, the Avid Store is still selling Pro Tools MP software bundled with hardware such as the Fast Track C400 and C600. And at this time the Fast Track Ultra and Pro Tools MP bundle can be Pre-Ordered. Strange that the Avid Store would be taking pre-orders for a discontinued product...

http://shop.avid.com/store/category....-tools-systems

- orPro slooTools
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orPro slooTools View Post
Well, the Avid Store is still selling Pro Tools MP software bundled with hardware such as the Fast Track C400 and C600. And at this time the Fast Track Ultra and Pro Tools MP bundle can be Pre-Ordered. Strange that the Avid Store would be taking pre-orders for a discontinued product...

http://shop.avid.com/store/category....-tools-systems

- orPro slooTools
Yes they are selling the stocks they have in ware houses at the moment, but when there's no more, it should be pt 10 (none hd- non mp, just plain pt 10) that get's shipped with it. Just like what happened with PT 8mp that were still being sold bundled up while pt 9 mp came out. They have always released the MP version with the other versions at the same time, this should tell you that after a year of pt 10, pt 10 HD being out on the market but no MP is plenty explicative on it's own, even more so that M-Audio is no longer part of Avid range of products. With inMusic having purchased air and M-Audio it makes more sense for them and for Avid to move PT 10 with those products, than an even more crippled version of the software that is MP. It's less time lost on coding the software to allow/disallow permission that enables the track count, dongles etc. Less time coding means less money spent on something that is not needed.

It's probably on pre order while they are making more fast track.

But the fact are, no MP 10 after a year of PT 10 and PT 10 HD being out on the market.
No word from any of the mods, or Avid brass as to when the MP 10 would be shipped, or if they will keep supporting it.

Should make it quite clear.

This is no official words what so ever, just my interpretation of the lack of word given by the brass and also the lack of release after a year of the other releases of the same version.

Wave-T.com
Old 11-18-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Yes they are selling the stocks they have in ware houses at the moment, but when there's no more, it should be pt 10 (none hd- non mp, just plain pt 10) that get's shipped with it. Just like what happened with PT 8mp that were still being sold bundled up while pt 9 mp came out. They have always released the MP version with the other versions at the same time, this should tell you that after a year of pt 10, pt 10 HD being out on the market but no MP is plenty explicative on it's own, even more so that M-Audio is no longer part of Avid range of products. With inMusic having purchased air and M-Audio it makes more sense for them and for Avid to move PT 10 with those products, than an even more crippled version of the software that is MP. It's less time lost on coding the software to allow/disallow permission that enables the track count, dongles etc. Less time coding means less money spent on something that is not needed.

It's probably on pre order while they are making more fast track.

But the fact are, no MP 10 after a year of PT 10 and PT 10 HD being out on the market.
No word from any of the mods, or Avid brass as to when the MP 10 would be shipped, or if they will keep supporting it.

Should make it quite clear.

This is no official words what so ever, just my interpretation of the lack of word given by the brass and also the lack of release after a year of the other releases of the same version.
Well, if what you believe is true and Avid's marketing plan is to eventually bundle the more expensive Pro Tools 10 software with even Fast Track hardware, and Avid is just getting rid of old, discontinued Pro Tools MP software stock now by bundling it with new Fast Track (Ultras) that are pre-ordered, then Avid must be in dire financial straits indeed! It's one thing to sell off extra, older stock that was manufactured/bundled some time ago, but how much would Avid actually recoup by including old, discontinued Pro Tools MP software with a (new) pre-ordered Fast Track Ultra bundle, instead of just going directly to their "preferred" plan of bundling Pro Tools 10 software now? On a $499.95 sale they'd recoup what - maybe 50 cents or so as their manufacturing cost on the old, discontinued Pro Tools MP software DVD in paper sleeve along with setup documentation? (just guessing, but I don't imagine it would be much more than that, and could be less.)

Also, in light of the fact that Windows 8 and Mountain Lion are current operating systems, when someone with one of those OSs pre-orders a Fast Track Ultra with Pro Tools MP bundle I don't think it would be unreasonable for that person to expect that there will be future updates for the Pro Tools MP software to address at least any major bugs that may occur with their OS, since it's a current OS at the time the pre-order is placed. Would Avid really treat their customers so badly as to bundle old, discontinued Pro Tools MP software with no intention of providing those updates, just to recoup 50 cents (more or less) on a $499.95 sale, rather than just going ahead and selling only Pro Tools 10 bundles now, which you believe they eventually plan to do anyway?

- orPro slooTools
Old 11-18-2012, 02:52 PM

Yeah really Doesn't make sense if they're still selling it on their website - Mpowered officially died off some time ago - seems Weird that they would be selling it
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:23 AM

M-powered 9 user how are registered to avid should get a free upgrade to protools express given that it works with m-audio hardware
Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos santana View Post
M-powered 9 user how are registered to avid should get a free upgrade to protools express given that it works with m-audio hardware
M-powered 9 to PT Express is not an upgrade by any definition of the term. PT Express is a give away.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 AM

Interesting.

Got Pro Tools 9 in 2010. No compelling reason to pay $399 to upgrade to Pro Tools 10. Noted no MP10 upgrade over the past two years and then heard about the M-Audio sale. Fastrack Ultra and Pro Tools 9 still work on PC. Have Cubase 6.5 running on MBP and that works fine too. So that answers the question of if Pro Tools 9 will support Windows 8. It might, but not due to any sort of update from Avid. Way to go Avid. No official response to your customers on any of this? Apparently, they are focusing on their strength, the high end. Good luck with that approach. I'll consider it when I'm rich but not at the moment.
Pro Tools version- Pro Tools MP 9 (Crashes Windows 8 every time)
Amount of RAM installed- 8GB
Recordings done on USB 2.0 external hard drive, 500GB.
99% disc space free.

If you listen to metal, you need to hear DARK BLU
http://darkblu.com/MEDIA.html
Old 02-05-2013, 11:00 PM

Smile Re: Discontinued?

I just want to say despite avid not supporting m-powered my protools rig is working flawlessly have been recording and using delay compensation in protools m-powered 9 with plenty of plug ins (several amplitube 3 instances for guitars and base, adictive drums for my hd-1 drums and it works at 64 sample without a hick up it was totally worth installing 10.6.8 on my quad 2.5 imac to be able to run protools m-powered.

just saying
Old 02-07-2013, 03:42 PM

Default Discontinued?

Awesome

Old 02-12-2013, 08:58 AM

Default Discontinued?

Yeah I just went and put 10.6.8 back on my Hackintosh b/c PT9 started acting funny on 10.8.2

It should be really stable also but I haven't had a chance to test it much - I just got it installed all last night