Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2004, 09:17 AM

Default error -9035 heelp

I opened a session I`ve done two weeks ago and suddenly there was this -9035 error as soon as I hit play.... - never had this before!!

any body same problem or even an idiea what this could be?

os 10.3.2
PT HD 6.2.3
1.5 gig ram
2 80 gig firewire

thx!

luke
Old 03-23-2004, 09:31 AM

Default Re: error -9035 heelp

Click on "Search the Answerbase" above, type in -9035, and hit submit. Chances are that your answer will be there.

Lee Blaske
Old 05-20-2004, 06:40 PM

(also posted in PT LE for mac forum)

I dealt with this problem last night for a client running PT 6.2.2 on a Mix + and a G4 Mirror drive door 1.25MHz/1 gig ram/OS 10.3.3 & 80 glyph fw drive .

The problem was with a session where any attempt to record or playback resulted in the immediate 9035 error. I checked answerbase and followed all digi recommendations for setup and drive formatting, etc. Other sessions on the drive worked fine. only this one wouldn't play.

I imported the tracks into a new session, converted to and from SDII to AIF, 16 to 24 bit and back again... I deleted all the tracks in the problem session, recreated new tracks and reimported the audio. I moved the session from internal drive to firewire drive, then back again, i reformatted drives, ran Disk Utility and DiskWarrior, repaired disk permission, updated pro tools to 6.2.3... etc, etc...

Nothing worked.

Finally, i opened each individual audio file from the session in QuickTime Player and saved them again as new audio files, then reimported them into a new session. Finally, success!

Luckily this was a very small session with only a handful of files (there were no fade files and no automation), so this solution worked. Saving audio files using Quicktime Player means that timecode info for the audio files is lost, so reconstructing a large session this way is obviously impractical.

Basically, it appeared that both the session and the audio files somehow get corrupted, and the only solution I could find was to not only create a brand new session, but to also recreate the all audio files using anything but Pro Tools!

i've read some other stuff about drive formatting and partitioning, so i'm going to check that out as well.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:02 PM

-9035 has been associated with illegal characters in files. If your sessions are set for Mac/PC compatibility, you will have problems with certain characters like "*", "!", "-", etc. You should be able to find more info in the users guide.

If this is the case, you can either change the names of any offending files, or "Save Session Copy In..." and make sure to disable Mac/PC compatibility.

Old 05-22-2004, 02:21 PM

I had the same problem a few times. Most times I just ran diskwarrior and it solved the issue. One time however it would not work. I finnaly found a post stating that a folder with over a certain number or characters will sometimes mess up. The folder that contained my session was to long. I shortened it saved ,restarted and everything worked fine.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:20 PM

Default Re: error -9035 help

BTW, there were no illegal characters in any of this problem session's file names. The audio files' names did contain an underscore which I changed early on in my troubleshooting of this problem, but it made no difference - still got the same error, so i changed them back.

The only thing that worked for me in this case was to open the audio files in QuickTime Player and save them as new files, then import the files into a new session. All the associated files with this new project had the same names as the problem session.