Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 10-01-2018, 12:47 AM

Default Music cuesheet

Hello there!

I know that there are a couple of threads on generating cuesheets but it seems none answer the initial question so here goes:

I'm editing the music for a couple of TV series and need to generate every month a lot of music cuesheets. Now, the way that do do this is open every project and manually selecting every region (actually a few regions if they are part of the same music cue), double click, copy the name (which sometimes include "-01, -5, -GAIN, -RVB bla,bla suffixes), remember the lenght of selection and paste it in an excel document. And so on for a few hours. Then, return to Excel and manually remove suffixes on every cue.

It's pretty exhausting to do this and i wonder if there is any other way.
I tried cuesheet.pumpaudio.com, save a txt from protools, import in it, but it didn't combined all the regions of one cue into a single one, so i had to manually calculate every cue, then delete de other regions.

I would like to know if it's posible to select a track and press a command and all the regions that are edited (crossfaded or splited) to combine into solid regions retaining the name of the initial region (music cue).

Or, just to manually consolidate 2,3 regions (of the same music cue) and the result doesn't have the name of the track, instead, the name of the first region.

Is it posible?

Thank you!

Mihai.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Music cuesheet

No.

But if you export from Pro Tools the session info (as a CSV) and import into Excel--and know how to use excel--it's not hard to create a text formula to recalculate an output column with that info.

If you aren't that experienced with Excel, find someone local who can help you (it's a comparison array to output the second column and then some trimming of text)
Old 10-01-2018, 02:28 PM

Try this.

http://petegates.com/pg-pt-session.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.spoonsound.com
Old 04-04-2019, 03:45 AM

Thank you so much!

Pgpt is indeed the best solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk