How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2015, 02:18 PM

Default 11R Stereo Delay ?

No Stereo Delay on 11Rack?

I just got it and took for granted it had stereo delay built in.

Ok, so the dynamic delay is stereo. But according to the manual it has to be a stereo in connection to get stereo out?
So i can not use the guitar mono input and have stereo delay output? I have connected the main outputs L and R to the audio interface and listen via headphones.

Last edited by Psychotropic; 05-02-2015 at 03:59 PM. Reason: update info
Old 05-02-2015, 04:30 PM

I don't know exactly what you are reading (why not quote it or provide a page number?). You need to spend a little time to understand how the Eleven Rack rig works, it is exactly like a conventional mono guitar effects and amp rig. The whole rig input is mono, the amp is mono but you can add stereo effects downstream from the amp, just like on a real rig. The User Guide does not describe this that well, but you can work it out by playing around. The eleven rack GUI control program is handy to do this with as it is easy to move things around and it clearly shows when there is a mono (one line) or stereo (two line) signal path, but you can also do this all on the front panel.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:09 PM

Default Re: 11R Stereo Delay ?

Description of the (stereo) Dyn Delay:

Mode: Switches between the following four feedback routing options:
• Mono: Sums the incoming stereo signal to mono, then offers separate left and right delay output taps from that signal.
• Stereo: Processes the left and right channels of the incoming stereo signal independently and outputs the processed signal
on the corresponding left and right channels.
• Cross: Processes the left and right channels of the incoming stereo signal independently, and feeds the each side’s delayed
signal back to the opposite channel.
• Pong: Acts much like Cross, but the incoming left and right signals are summed and output from the left channel only.
Due to the cross-channel feedback, the signal moves back and forth across the stereo spectrum.

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...adMe_70989.pdf

Guess i will need a stereo guitar

Seriously, there is something im missing. I hope

I can hear the stereo reverb, but no stereo delay.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:44 PM

How will a stereo guitar help you? The amp in the Eleven Rack is mono. Again this is behaving exactly like a real-world mono amp with a stereo delay added after it. (I hope you have the delay after the amp, if you put it before the mono amp... it's of course all going to be mono).

I'm suspecting you are not following how stereo dynamic delay works, you are talking about the feedback mode... but feedback mode is not a mono/stereo output switch. You can get stereo output in any of those modes if you are doing things properly.

Do a simple test, to see the stereo dynamic delay working. With only an amp/cab on, all other effects off, set the Stereo Dynamic Delay in the last position in the rig, set L/R ratio and Stereo Width all the way clockwise, and Delay, feedback and Mix knobs to half way and play a note on the guitar. it should ping-pong in stereo between the left and right channel. Now you can play with the feedback modes and you should hear a difference, it can be subtle, depends on what you are doing.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-02-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:20 AM

I run the 11r stereo output from the 11r out to the mixer as 2 channels pan first as left second as right then to stereo pa amp. nice cool stereo sounds..

or you could use 2 guitar amps and left and right speaker banks on stage for re amping the 11r as stereo...

then you would have the left and right effects.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:15 AM

Ok. I tried with the delay last in the chain. The only mode which gives me stereo delay is the pong mode, bouncing from left to right etc. I cant hear a difference between the mono and stereo mode though. Maybe i didnt set the L R ratio as you said. Ill try some more when i get back home.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:50 AM

And of course Benoni had a video which may help... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Skhp7TuVRCg

The main point there is the Air Dynamic Delay plugin presets are useful to look at for getting started.