Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2010, 06:51 PM

Default meter bar won't change

hi i'm fairly new to protools so stick with me. I got an mbox and some speakers and for a while i was recording some bass tracks. However, yesterday i was playing around with the plug-ins, and trying to get them to record, but when they recorded, they could not play volume. I was annoyed with this then plugged in my bass. However, the level meter won't change when i play the bass, it is always at 0. I can here the sound from the speakers but it won't record.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:21 PM

Default Re: meter bar won't change

I would like to help, but I'm not understanding what you are saying. What do you mean that you were trying to get the plug-in's to record? Or, "they could not play volume?" Or "Level meter is always at 0." Are you saying that you are getting a blast of sound constantly coming out of the channel?

Maybe you could make a video with Jing (free screen capture) to show us what is happening.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 04-07-2010, 08:33 PM

I need to stop recanting my statements; I started posting pretty much what u said Dizzi about 30mins ago & jus hit the back button... I see I'm not the only one who thought that...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 04-07-2010, 09:46 PM

Welcome to the DUC.

You are posting in the HD forum. Please find your way to the LE forum. And read a manual on PTLE and the mbox. I'm sure between those two your answer will appear.

Don't know if this is what you're posting about, but plugs run on tracks. They don't record to the track without routing. Inserting an EQ on an audio track won't print/record the EQ to the file. RTM, I'm sure it'll become clearer.