Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2011, 10:57 AM

Default Update?

I understand you guys are doing your best, and that the beta just came out... Nevertheless, do you think it's possible to have an official word on a more stable update ?
Thank you gentlemen,
Jason
Old 08-29-2011, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Update?

You want an "official word" from a user forum?

Spaghetti.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:10 PM

Intelligent response, considering there are multiple stickies that are "Official Responses," or announcements from avid..... Lets be adults here sir..
Nevertheless, Ive been attempting to edit work on a project, and between all the trouble shooting I've been doing on the previous version, and now this one, I can't go more then 30 minutes without having to interrupt my workflow to try an fix a new problem, or go about another way of fixing a previously encountered one.. I've been at this for about 12 hours a day since Thursday.(not including Saturday, a man can only handle so much) Any response from the guys up top would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Jason
Old 08-29-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAudio View Post
Intelligent response, considering there are multiple stickies that are "Official Responses," or announcements from avid..... Lets be adults here sir..
Nevertheless, Ive been attempting to edit work on a project, and between all the trouble shooting I've been doing on the previous version, and now this one, I can't go more then 30 minutes without having to interrupt my workflow to try an fix a new problem, or go about another way of fixing a previously encountered one.. I've been at this for about 12 hours a day since Thursday.(not including Saturday, a man can only handle so much) Any response from the guys up top would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Jason
((DUDE)) we are not mind readers!, you give us nothing to go on?, details so we can get you up and running.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:17 PM

Thanks basslik, appreciate the fact that you are willing to help. I've been encountering the play pause problems, as well as pro tools crashing unexpectedly mid-session. All the same problems that people have been experiencing due the the fact that the 9.05 release was indeed a beta release, as in I don't expect a beta to run flawlessly.

I would post more about the issues I'm experiencing, but they're are already multiple topics about them already, and no known fixes as of yet. I've been keeping up on all of the threads.One of the avid guys made a posts a couple of days ago about a fix... I guess I'm just a little impatient/ anxious to some real, uninterrupted work done on multiple projects I have on my plate right now, apologies.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
((DUDE)) we are not mind readers!
^^ This

You still haven't even posted your system specs. 9.0.5 is only a beta for Lion, if you're on Snow Leopard it's a supported release version and either way people might be able to give some insight if you provide the right kind of info.

FWIW when Avid has news on a final release candidate for Lion, they'll post about it. They're not sitting on "official" info waiting for someone to ask on the user forums before they make it public. As soon as there's something to say, they'll say it.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcK View Post
^^ This

You still haven't even posted your system specs. 9.0.5 is only a beta for Lion, if you're on Snow Leopard it's a supported release version and either way people might be able to give some insight if you provide the right kind of info.
Thank you, however there are various posts with the same subject matter already.. A bit redundant if you ask me; if I sought help or insight, I would have posted all of the aforementioned requisites. Again, that wasn't the point of this thread.
Again, thanks anyways gentlemen,
Jason
Old 08-30-2011, 07:55 AM

Jeez, why can't you guys just answer his post instead of ridiculing the question? If you can't help the fella just step out of the way.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmklein View Post
Jeez, why can't you guys just answer his post instead of ridiculing the question? If you can't help the fella just step out of the way.
Trust me when I tell pmklein, we are trying to help!, somehow your not understanding what we are trying to convey. He acknowledges our intentions, but it seems convoluted on your end. It's paramount we get his problem resolved cause we all been in his shoes and at one time or another, and merely need details of his system.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:44 PM

JasonAudio

You have a couple of people willing to try and help. You have posted 4 messages, 2 of which were posted after you were asked for system info.

I'm not having a go but without the info, nobody can help. The Play/Pause Issue is a known problem and Avid are working on a fix. The active thread for this (which is being watched by DigiTechSupt) is:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=306153&page=3

I recommend you keep an eye on this as, when advice is available, it will likely be posted here.

Paul
500GB G-Drive Mini (FW audio drive)
Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion)
Pro Tools 10.0.1
Mbox 2 Pro (connected by FW)