Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2018, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Bounce to disk offline error on 2018.4! take care, use online instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
I just experienced this today. 2018.4 Ultimate, Late 2013 nMP, HDX3 in Sonnet chassis, modest stereo post session, 80-120 voices, mostly native plugs, RX6, Oxford EQ, lots of Altiverb7 & Phoenix Surround instances, some Waves, simple dialog, music and effects busses feeding a master aux. Longest plugin compensation showing was around 2800, if I recall correctly, but the Dly icon on the top of the edit window was showing red.

Had to get deliveries out quickly, so didn't have much time to troubleshoot. Reboot and Pref Trash fixed on-line bounce (2 beeps spot on after re-import) but off-line still late by .5-1 frame. Was using Physical Output A1-2 for bounce source. Will try to dig a little deeper into troubleshooting, but tomorrow is booked solid as well.
Sorry for the hastily constructed post, today has been a bit cuckoo.

UPDATE: For me this turned out to be a routing error. I noticed that the Dly indicator was showing red, even though no individual tracks showed that they were exceeding maximum delay comp. The track with the longest delay showed orange in the mix window delay comp indicator, as expected.

In looking through my session, I noticed that I had an Aux track that I use for WLM, fed by a send off my master bus with the return muted, that was routed back the SFX bus (which in turn feeds back to the master bus and the WLM bus), creating a delay comp loop. Once I sent that Aux out to my main output, the Dly Indicator turned green, and offline bounces are spot on, even when using a physical output as a source. So, definitely user error in my case.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Bounce to disk offline error on 2018.4! take care, use online instead!

I have experienced, investigated and reported this problem to avid idea scale, here is a link to the thread I started :http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398522

I posted a jpg that sums up my test session, and an actual zip file of the session

This is terrible because for lack of confidence in the process I cannot risk using the offline bounce function. When mixing songs it's ok, but I can imagine what this would be if I bounced full length soundtrack for film...
Pro Tools Ultimate & Carbon
M2 Max Studio
Old 05-31-2018, 06:58 AM

this is a real deal bug.... just talked to support on phone and they know about it. for now, Real Time bounce when delay comp values are over 6000
Old 07-23-2018, 11:50 AM

I'm getting this on Native 2018.4. Seems fine on real-time bounces, but this is a workflow problem since I frequently bounce to listen on other speaker systems.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexson
Also, another compensation bug, pro tools will not compensate correctly for any effect that receives a midi input(stutter edit, reaktor etc) on an aux or instrument track. Sucks. Think this one is hdx only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henning Svoren View Post
This bug existed long before 2018.4, both HDX and HD Native, unfortunately.
On core audio vanilla too... I have been going crazy trying to work out why my tempo synced midi FX are out of time when there is any latent plugin in the inserts.. This must explain it.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:36 PM

I think this was it for me. Thank you. The offline bounce setting somehow changed after an OS upgrade to High Sierra.