Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-23-2011, 02:25 PM

Default Need help sharing complete songs

I am using a Mac with Pro Tools LE 8, 003 Rack system to compose music on and I'm wanting to put the music into a DropBox account that I have for a fellow musician to access from a different location. He is using a Windows computer with the M-Box2 Mini with the LE-8 software. When I send the song only the midi tracks are showing up to him as completed tracks and most of the time all of the vox/drum tracks are empty, sometimes some of the track will show up. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I am assuming that all of our devices are compatible. Can somebody help me step through this process? If so feel free to post here, email me at SbrickwallS@yahoo.com or reach me on my cell at (713) 962-9709. Thank you all in advance.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Need help sharing complete songs

Be sure to 'get rid of unused audio regions in your session, then do a 'Save Copy In' and check the 'All Audio Files' box near the bottom left. As well as the 'Session Plug-In Settings'. This will make sure all of the audio and midi is copied along with any special plug-in presets you have in your session.

System 1:
PT 10.3.4, 003 Rack, PreSonus DigMax LT
MacPro Quad Xeon 3.0GHz, 16 gigs RAM, Mac OS 10.7.5 Lion
OWC Mercury Extreme SSD system drive
3 TB WD drives, (a ton of) External drives, yada yada My System is cool too, blah blah
Never had an installation problem, incompatibility issue, crash, bug, slowdown, etc.
www.CornerHouseStudio.com
Old 04-24-2011, 03:15 AM

Delete unesessary playlists.
In regions bin: "select unused regions".
Click "Remove", NOT delete.
NEVER save during this prosess.
Now, save a copy of the session w/different name.
This will create a new session folder with all files you need, and only the files needed.
Send THE WHOLE FOLDER.
(You might want to compress it.)

If you need to really make it as small as possible, you must consolidate all the regions first. Because, if you don't, let's say you have used just one phrase of a vocal take, the whole take will remain in the files folder.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 AM

Thank you for your responses to my question guys. Trying to learn as I go here. Question to Ben is that when I get to the second step and click the regions bin, I have a 'unused' selection or a 'unused audio except whole files selection'. Just making sure I select the correct one before I click Remove.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbrickwallS View Post
Thank you for your responses to my question guys. Trying to learn as I go here. Question to Ben is that when I get to the second step and click the regions bin, I have a 'unused' selection or a 'unused audio except whole files selection'. Just making sure I select the correct one before I click Remove.
It's the 'unused regions', because it's the whole-files you want to remove. They take up disk space, the others don't.

Just to add: when you're done with saving a session copy, you can close the session without saving, and opening it again, it will be intact with everything there.

Last edited by Ben Jenssen; 04-29-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Got it backwards first time.