Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Avid

Default Re: Offline bounce !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBannah View Post
Where's that dancing gremlin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNEUg_KK-is

Old 01-29-2009, 01:55 PM

Default Re: OK, but seriously, OFFLINE BOUNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego View Post
TDM is DEAD, have you seen i7 specs?

Let's get serious, if there is a tiniest feature that is on-hold because of "TDM-Not-Capable" it means a big fraud!

Do you CUDA?
And even more so once the new Macs are released. 16 cores, fast ram speeds(finally) and i7 technology. Ya...that very old and overpriced TDM will soon see the final nail in the coffin. Sorry, but Native has caught up and surpassed the old school DSP Card methods. Time for Digi to move forward. I want them to stick around.

I'll either grab that machine myself or build a clone of it. It will be my multi OS monster. I can never have enough Operating Systems in my rig.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-29-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I'm not clear on what you're saying...care to clarify?
I mean: if functions like Offline Bounce are (hypothetically) easy to incorporate in LE but are not implemented just because they are difficult to implement on HD - it would be some kind of a marketing crime against the engineering
Old 01-29-2009, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Offline bounce !!

Quote:
It's amazing the stuff you find on the 'net ....

I was talking about the little fellow that does the little jig from side to side, but thanx anyway ....

StudioForums.com had them, but they are off-line for the moment, it seems.
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris75 View Post
And yes, I still want offline bounce in PT
There are 3 types of audio engineers. 1. The noobie who wants nothing to do but succeed. 2. The Audio snob who is a noobie who thinks he knows everything and disses everything and everyones methods but his own 3. The one who keeps insisting on offline bounce.

System 1:
PT 10.3.4, 003 Rack, PreSonus DigMax LT
MacPro Quad Xeon 3.0GHz, 16 gigs RAM, Mac OS 10.7.5 Lion
OWC Mercury Extreme SSD system drive
3 TB WD drives, (a ton of) External drives, yada yada My System is cool too, blah blah
Never had an installation problem, incompatibility issue, crash, bug, slowdown, etc.
www.CornerHouseStudio.com
Old 01-29-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
Maybe it's time to re imagine the Digidesign Business model, and consider the fact that TDM's usefulness has come to an end, and come up with something new--something that solves the technical challenges to the features that Protools' user base needs.

(Following from the sidelines)

I'll second that.

Tying it to the development of TDM is akin to dumbing down classrooms so that the slowest kids make the cut...

Why not give them their own classrom and let the rest of us get on our way?

Peace!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
This is quite close to the mark - TDM is based on real-time threads and doing it faster than real-time is a significant (if not impossible) challenge. It would be possible in LE rather more easily, as LE is CPU based, but it would still require some major work, as LE is based on DAE which is based on real-time threads so it would mean some major work to 'de-couple' the engine to allow for non real-time bounces.

I think Scott mentioned that this is something we want, it's just that it would be a major undertaking, as we'd obviously want to offer it on both TDM and LE systems, so the technical challenges on TDM would have to be overcome to implement this in a way that's fair for everyone.

I'm probably losing what's left of my mind... but wasn't Scott speaking of ADC?

(I read WAY too many of these )
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:

>TDM is DEAD, have you seen i7 specs

Tell that to some of the major broadcasters.

You tell them, you have the Almighty Marketing Department
Your people are powerfull enough to enforce even the wise guys to believe that LE means "Limited Edition" without any official proof Just let'em spread verses like "The Dead Machine" or "This Decadent Mess" or "Tired, Declined Misery" (or anything that makes some sense in English) a month before releasing PT Native

No, really, deep in my heart I do believe, that you know all this very well, you just have some TDM cards in stock and have to sell them to the Naïve before introducing PT 9 Native, don't ya?
Old 01-29-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowby View Post
There are 3 types of audio engineers. 1. The noobie who wants nothing to do but succeed. 2. The Audio snob who is a noobie who thinks he knows everything and disses everything and everyones methods but his own 3. The one who keeps insisting on offline bounce.
Not sure what you're exactly trying to say with the above, but keep in mind that this thread was started by kris75 over a year ago and this topic is high on Digi's feature list.

In regards to kris75, I myself personally hire him as an assistant engineer on my bigger projects. I can assure you, he falls into point number three of his very own signature: "3. The successful one. This one always shares knowledge and is rarely snobbie." and definitely not your modified one posted above. I was aware of the massive session with an insane deadline he was working on over a year ago that sparked the frustration for him to start this thread and for this old thread to keep getting bounced by others shows he's not alone. The ones who keep "insisting on offline bounce" are all those who agree with his original post and keep bumping this very old thread...like yourself.

...and now me.

Thanks for the acknowlewdgment Digidesign and we're all looking forward to it when you get it rolling.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-30-2009, 01:25 AM
Space Cabin Audio

If you are doing advertising/post/anything that requires stem files or if you have ever needed to meet a deadline and been up for nearly 24 hours, raise your hand. Than offline bounce is definitely for you!

If for some reason there is a guy out there who does not want weeks of his life back while waiting for Pro Tools to finish bouncing yet another file with a tweak or two ask yourself this. Does my wife love me? Do my children care if they ever see their daddy? Does my dog like to go outside for a pee? Chances are that they care more if Pro Tools has Off Line Bounce than you do

If you have ever heard Obama speak in public, read this message and, hear what.....I .....have....to say

If this thread dies, it's only because we finally got off line bounce. Together, we can make this dream: A Reality!

Kris
May the music move you