Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 07-25-2019, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Roberts View Post
Hi, this looks really interesting, however when I download the package it seems incomplete. The extras folder contains one apple script template but no macros to import to KM. Is there anyone that can explain what I might be doing wrong? would love to experiment with these and try to learn more about macros for speed.

thanks

Honestly I have read your post quickly and my reply was hasty.
The KM macros come with v1 of my scripts, see post #1 of this thread. However, no sweat. I attached some KM macros to get you going (above).
Old 07-28-2019, 08:55 AM

Thanks for your assistance. I installed the macros in KM, and installed the apple scripts with your installer.

I was not able to get the Macro to trigger the script at first. I would get a system error "Can't get window "Audio Suite Reverse" of App Pro Tools -1728.

I was able to run the script from within the KM editor by pressing the "try" button.

Finally after much frustration, just by coincidence, I discovered that the macro does work! but only if i hit the hot key extremely fast. I have to tap it rather quickly. Does this mean I need extra steps to slow or pause the KM macro?

Last edited by John Roberts; 07-28-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Roberts View Post
Thanks for your assistance. I installed the macros in KM, and installed the apple scripts with your installer.

I was not able to get the Macro to trigger the script at first. I would get a system error "Can't get window "Audio Suite Reverse" of App Pro Tools -1728.

I was able to run the script from within the KM editor by pressing the "try" button.

Finally after much frustration, just by coincidence, I discovered that the macro does work! but only if i hit the hot key extremely fast. I have to tap it rather quickly. Does this mean I need extra steps to slow or pause the KM macro?
The AppleScript is triggered once Keyboard Maestro sends the command to do so. How fast or slow you type the hot key shouldn’t matter, unless you use sticky hot keys.
I think this is something to troubleshoot within KM.
Have you tried other hot keys?

I am no Keyboard Maestro expert but I remember that when I created the macros KM wasn’t that reliable when triggering AppleScript files (and I mean AppleScript files, not AppleScript code). This is why I recommend the app FastScripts.
I created the KM macros as a courtesy only as I know that a lot of PT users love the app.

Which version of KM are you using?
Maybe someone around here can help you but I am afraid I can’t at the moment.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:21 AM

Hello,
inspired by the suggestions here in the forum I also started to write some applescripts. Thanks to you all.
I would like to write a script that bounces selected tracks and then copies them to another drive. Now have the problem that my script is not waiting for the end of the bounce process. I tried to solve this with "repeat until exists window xx". Unfortunately, the window that appears during the bounce process does not appear to have an "AXWindow" name. to use an index, e.g. window 2 does not work either. Does anyone know how I can let my script wait until protools has finished the bounce process?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 08-22-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Wuerpel View Post
Hello,
inspired by the suggestions here in the forum I also started to write some applescripts. Thanks to you all.
I would like to write a script that bounces selected tracks and then copies them to another drive. Now have the problem that my script is not waiting for the end of the bounce process. I tried to solve this with "repeat until exists window xx". Unfortunately, the window that appears during the bounce process does not appear to have an "AXWindow" name. to use an index, e.g. window 2 does not work either. Does anyone know how I can let my script wait until protools has finished the bounce process?

Thanks,
Nick
Nick,

you'll have to use a counter function that checks for new files by date and size.
I have written a similar script to print sessions.
In short:
It loads a session, record arms the tracks to be recorded (I always print two different versions with different voiceovers, thus more than 1 version to be printed), it then prints the session, when done loads the next session and repeats the steps.

I use this to prepare sessions that I want to print in realtime if I do not have to attend while printing. So I run the script overnight. It prints 8-16 session that way.

However, this is complicated code and I cannot simply give you an advise or code that will work for you.

The main idea is to watch the destination folder (the folder you bounce/print to) for new files being created by date and once the file size is stable (e.g. does not change anymore) it considers the process as done and moves on.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:25 PM

Thank you Oliver,

i´ll try it this way.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:13 AM

Was anyone able to access the Processing Input Mode, Processing Output Mode and Preset pop up menus and select an item?

I'm only able to open up one of those menus. Afterwards I'm stuck. Applescript pauses for 5 seconds or so and then ends. Isn't it possible to address a certain let's say preset with the "pick" action?
Old 09-02-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henningaround View Post
Was anyone able to access the Processing Input Mode, Processing Output Mode and Preset pop up menus and select an item?

I'm only able to open up one of those menus. Afterwards I'm stuck. Applescript pauses for 5 seconds or so and then ends. Isn't it possible to address a certain let's say preset with the "pick" action?
Use CliClick, I mentioned this several times within this thread, it helps to avoid the long 6 seconds delays and does a lot of other things.

Last edited by Oliver M; 09-03-2019 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
Use CliClick, I mentioned this several times within this thread, it helps to avoid the long 6 seconds delays and does a lot of other things.
Thank you Oliver, I got it to click the right Preset! With the help of its2loud reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
this works like a charm. Thanks Oliver!

I've added in the script to type in the preset name. Just replace the line with "your preset name here" with the name of the preset you want to recall.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Da...7MlX5Hb99y_mxN

The rest is up to you how you want to implement the script.

keep in mind, to install cliclick in the specified directory you will have to show hidden files and folders in the Finder. The easiest way to do this is open the Finder window and hold Commnd+Shift+. Then drop the cliclick file in the appropriate folder.

cliclick can be downloaded here

https://www.bluem.net/en/projects/cliclick/
Do you have a script finished to access the solo, mute... buttons of a given track?
Old 09-06-2019, 03:07 AM

Hey Oliver,

I'm curious if you have a script to open individual Inserts/Sends on a selected track?