Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 09:07 PM

Default iLok.com and Firefox

Okay, so what's the deal with the iLok.com website not supporting Firefox?

When you try to log in from Firefox, you get a giant red warning screen that says that iLok.com only works with Internet Explorer for Windows.

So I open up IE and log into my iLok account. Then I go to synchronize my iLoks, and what happens? I get a white page that only displays processing. So then I go back to my Firfox window, and iLok.com has opened up a new tab in Firefox with all my account info, and the results of my sync.

So, apparently, iLok.com IS compatible with Firefox, just not the initial login page. I smell the rotten stench of the hand of Microsoft at work here....

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 06-14-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Re: iLok.com and Firefox

The sync app is not firefox compatible from my experience.

When i use my iLok i have to set my browser back to IE, so that other page doesnt fire in firefox.

P.I.T.A.

Oh well.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:28 PM

Oh really, because I just resynced my iLoks from with the new Firefox tab that ilok.com opened up previously, and it worked fine. I even filed a support incident with ilok from within Firefox, about this very issue.

I think that iLok was probably paid a very large sum of money by the giant foul smelling Microsoft to make sure that their "copy protection" system was only supported by a web-browser that has more holes in it than a pair of well used fishnet stockings, rather than a secure and up to date web browser.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 06-14-2005, 09:34 PM

One thing I tried that worked is this - Install the User Agent Switcher extension. Before you visit Ilok.com switch the User Agent string to IE6 on WinXP. The site thinks you're using IE and doesn't complain at login. And as you know, everything else at ilok.com works fine with Firefox

HANSON'S RAZOR:
Never attribute to evil that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:32 AM

the easiest way I can think of is download ieview which allows you to open up pages from firefox into IE.

or if you want, if your in firefox here's a direct download

once you have ieview installed, reboot firefox and go to the page your supposed to open in IE and go into 'tools' in firefox and click the 'always view this page in IE' and whenever you try and access that page, it will automatically forward it to IE.

hope that help! firerox!