How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2001, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Sony Baby Oxford vs. ProTools with ProControl

hey everyone
great posts here... just though I'd respond quickly.

I personally have no problems with the protools mix bus and sound quality. If done right, it's gonna sound great. Alot of old school mix engineers are using SSLs because they sound fantastic.... but also because they know how to use the SSL, and they are comfortable with it. The last thing a busy mix engineer has time to do is change is entire work style and relearn a new app.... only to find there are slight operational differences between the two (maybe "slight" isn't the right word).

Also, on another point, I played with the faders on the control 24, and, unless they react very differently when powered on, felt they were of very poor quality. It's a shame that Digi has to separate their markets by creating less than adequate products. I feel there is a more creative way of doing this. But I'm off to the NYc demo tomorrow, so I may change my mind...!
Old 02-21-2001, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Sony Baby Oxford vs. ProTools with ProControl

I'm actually not that comfortable on the SSL. I think the automation is pretty whacked compared to Pro Tools. I'm much faster on PT.

I just like to seperate the Outputs on the SSL. •