Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2018, 08:06 AM

Default Import audio files on one track using Import Audio Command

Well, when importing audio via cmd-shift+I I can tell PT where to spot, either in the clip list or at the beginning. But when importing more then 10 files, I want to tell PT to place them behind each. As I am used from LogicPro.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Import audio files on one track using Import Audio Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Hannes View Post
Well, when importing audio via cmd-shift+I I can tell PT where to spot, either in the clip list or at the beginning. But when importing more then 10 files, I want to tell PT to place them behind each. As I am used from LogicPro.
"I want to tell PT to place them behind each" do you mean behind each other ?? or behind what ??

and if you select a track before you do the import the tack should land right under in Edit or to the right in the Mix Windows ..

what are you seeing with more than 10 tracks ???

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 01-16-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
"I want to tell PT to place them behind each" do you mean behind each other ?? or behind what ??

and if you select a track before you do the import the tack should land right under in Edit or to the right in the Mix Windows ..

what are you seeing with more than 10 tracks ???
I could be wrong here but I think he's talking about having multiple imported regions all on the same track - left to right.

If so, you'll want to choose to import to clip list and then make sure you have 'timeline drop order' set to 'left to right' (the clip list preferences are accessed via the little down arrow at the top right of the clip list window). Then you just drag all the files you want into the timeline, and they should all line up one after the other on the same track.

If that's not what you meant, then ignore everything I just said.
RTX 2080ti
64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSDs
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
LG 34" Ultra-Widescreen monitor
Pro Tools 12.4
A loaf of bread
A stick of butter
A lot of rye whiskey
Old 01-16-2018, 12:15 PM

I believe the OP wants all of the clips to come in on the same track, lined up one after the other. Kind of like what would happen if in Shuffle mode and you dragged them to that track one by one.

I don't know of a way to do this from the import audio window. However, if you click on the little drop down triangle on the clips list, you can set the timeline drop order to be "Left to Right". If you import the clips to the clips list, it should automatically select the clips you just imported in the clips list, and you can just drag and drop one of them (being careful not to change the selection that is made) on a track and they will line up one after the other on that track.

This may or may not be the easiest way to do what you are trying to do. But it's the easiest way I can think of right now.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglesworth View Post
I believe the OP wants all of the clips to come in on the same track, lined up one after the other. Kind of like what would happen if in Shuffle mode and you dragged them to that track one by one.

I don't know of a way to do this from the import audio window. However, if you click on the little drop down triangle on the clips list, you can set the timeline drop order to be "Left to Right". If you import the clips to the clips list, it should automatically select the clips you just imported in the clips list, and you can just drag and drop one of them (being careful not to change the selection that is made) on a track and they will line up one after the other on that track.

This may or may not be the easiest way to do what you are trying to do. But it's the easiest way I can think of right now.

Hahaha.... I must have beat you by a few seconds, at most.
RTX 2080ti
64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSDs
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
LG 34" Ultra-Widescreen monitor
Pro Tools 12.4
A loaf of bread
A stick of butter
A lot of rye whiskey
Old 01-16-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglesworth View Post

haha ... hence, why i asked for more info .. still standing by .. you guys are probably right ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 01-16-2018, 01:50 PM

Thank you guys. Thank you for your help. This small triangle is what will help me now and for the future. Thumbs up to you!