Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 03-18-2010, 06:57 PM

Default Have to reboot before I can launch PT

Hey Everyone,

This seems odd and not "working as intended." Whenever I quit Pro Tools, I have to actually reboot my computer before launching PT again. If I don't, I get two error messages saying that PT encountered an error trying to establish an ethernet connection. Then, after PT is up and running, nothing I do can get it to recognize my D-Control. Rebooting seems to be the only thing I can do to get things back in order.

This is PT 8.0.3 on OS X 10.6.2. My D-Control is connected to my Intel Mac via a 4 port D-Link switch.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Have to reboot before I can launch PT

Have you tried the general trouble shooting sticky in the HD Mac section? (just want to cover all the bases)
What happens if you run w/o your D-Con connected?

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

PT11 System Requirements link http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...m-Requirements

Thank you,

Craig
Old 03-19-2010, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trombino View Post
Hey Everyone,

This seems odd and not "working as intended." Whenever I quit Pro Tools, I have to actually reboot my computer before launching PT again. If I don't, I get two error messages saying that PT encountered an error trying to establish an ethernet connection. Then, after PT is up and running, nothing I do can get it to recognize my D-Control. Rebooting seems to be the only thing I can do to get things back in order.

This is PT 8.0.3 on OS X 10.6.2. My D-Control is connected to my Intel Mac via a 4 port D-Link switch.

Any suggestions?
Hi,
I got exactly the same problem too a couple of times. I'm on D-command.
I tried to reproduce it but couldn't so far. It just happens "once a while".

I'm using a 8 port Gigabit Netgear switch in my machine room followed up by a 4 port Gigabit Netgear switch in control room where actually the D-Command & the extension are connected to.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:45 AM

I have tried all the normal trouble shooting things. I haven't tried running without the D-Control though. Do you mean with it off or just remove it from peripherals inside PT?
Old 03-22-2010, 04:32 PM

both

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

PT11 System Requirements link http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...m-Requirements

Thank you,

Craig
Old 03-29-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trombino View Post
Hey Everyone,

Any suggestions?
As I had the same problem, I changed the ethernet cables (the ones which came with the d-command & extension).
I bought 2xcat6 2 meter cables (bout 6,5 foot), connected them and from that day on I haven't had no more problems so far.
This is for more than a week now.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:09 AM

Thanks Steff! I'm gonna give this a shot. I guess I'll try replacing the switch too.