How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2012, 12:16 PM

Default Unable to rename disk file

Hey there,

I've been working in a session editing some homemade sfx with no issues and all of a sudden I am not able to "Rename region and disk file" on the region I just finished editing. I had received a Neo Assertation error shortly before this problem arose, so I assume that has something to do with it.

Regarding this specific region, I am able to rename disk file when it's in it's original, unedited state, but as soon as I chop off the front and back it won't let me name it at all. But if I create a smaller region within that region I'm able to rename region only...no option to rename disk file.

I have searched through the forum and found other threads by people with the same issue and I've deleted my prefs as was stated in those threads but the problem persists. Any thoughts on what this problem might be and how to fix it?

Thanks!