Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Avid

Default Re: 11.3.1 still doesn't work with Native Instruments Maschine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel frampton View Post
Still doesn't work with Native Instruments Maschine. Does anyone know if Avid is going to update their core audio driver so it works with Maschine and Yosemite? Anyone? Avid?...you listening?
Yes, and we are actually working with NI on it. I added it here for visibility (and included the link to beatlogik's workaround post).

Regards,
JC
Old 02-22-2015, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Avid Core Audio HD Driver Breaks Maschine in Yosemite

I know all about the supposed work around. It's been almost 5 months fix it already!!! It doesn't work for me if I can't use Maschine with Pro Tools!
Old 03-11-2015, 06:24 PM

Ron is right and on the spot...

moving /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Avid CoreAudio.plugin to the trash and deleting this nuisance followed by a Mac Reboot - immediately remedies the Maschine2 Problem a long with a myriad of other problems as in sample rate issues, lost sound etc etc etc...

Since its release the Avid CoreAudio.plugin also the dig audio manager or whatever it was called back then has been the root of ALL evil on any Mac operating system...

That this has not been fixed as of yet, to me, is non-comprehensible !
Old 03-31-2015, 03:50 AM

I sort of need that CoreAudio plugin to monitor anything else, it all goes through the MBox2Pro.
NI says: "incompatibilty of that driver with Yosemite a crash is caused when
applications scan the HAL folder."
Anyway, what I don't understand is: why does the app scan the HAL again causing the crash when the plugin is instantiated? (In my case Guitar Rig. I can't even open session that had the plug in, PT just freezes.)
It seems like, to me, that the host app would already have its Hardware setup and wouldn't need to rescan HAL to instantiate a plugin. So it seems like NI plugins are rescanning the HAL, and causing the crash...?
PT 2022.10
UAD-2 Apollo Quad, PCIE and Satellite
Old 04-01-2015, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Avid Core Audio HD Driver and NI Komplete Kontrol in Yosemite

Has anyone had success with the NI "work around" fix for Yosemite/NI KK problem?
In the advice Native Instruments say;

Disclaimer: This article describes the manual uninstallation of a third-party manufacturer component. Native Instruments cannot be held responsible for any damages to your system caused by following these instructions.

Products with a hardware dependency, such as MASCHINE, KOMPLETE KONTROL, TRAKTOR, GUITAR RIG, and Controller Editor will not launch when the AVID CoreAudioManager / Drivers are installed under 10.10 Yosemite. In stand-alone mode the application will freeze after launching, in plug-in mode the plug-in validation of the host program will fail, which might crash or freeze the host program or make the plug-in unavailable within the host program.

Native Instruments and Avid are working together to resolve this compatibility issue.

Follow these step-by-step instructions to temporarily remove the Avid CoreAudio driver in order to allow NI products to run properly under Mac OS 10.10:

Open the Finder and locate the following folder: Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > HAL
Move the “Avid CoreAudio.plugin” outside of this folder (e.g. to the Desktop).
Type in the admin password when prompted.
Restart your computer.
While you still can fully use Pro Tools without the Avid CoreAudio driver, it is not possible to monitor the audio output of any third-party application using your Avid audio interface. If you require this functionality again, you need to move the file back to its original location and restart your computer. In this case, the mentioned NI applications will stop working again.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Thomas View Post
Has anyone had success with the NI "work around" fix for Yosemite/NI KK problem?
Jeff, this thread contains the most up-to-date methodology that we have found to deal with this issue. It is not a fix but a workaround. Until Avid and NI work this out we're stuck with it
Old 04-06-2015, 12:34 PM

Re: Avid Core Audio HD Driver and NI Komplete Kontrol in Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Thomas

Reply:
Jeff, this thread contains the most up-to-date methodology that we have found to deal with this issue. It is not a fix but a workaround. Until Avid and NI work this out we're stuck with it

Thanks for the reply!
And, I understand our circumstances.
Simply moving the Avid Core Audio folder back and forth between the Desk Top and its original folder is no big deal. I'd be able to work in Pro Tools with Komplete Kontrol and then, say, play a computer game with audio through the same hardware just by moving this folder appropriately.
But, before I spend the $ for KK and attempt to try a "Work Around" that comes with a Disclaimer, I thought it wise to ask our community if anyone has had success it trying it, without anything else being affected or damaged in the computer.
Cheers!
Old 06-11-2015, 03:19 PM

Sorry to bump this. I'm trying to run guitar rig 5 and am having the same problems as everyone else.

What does "it is not possible to monitor the audio output of any third-party application using your Avid audio interface".

Will this only affect people using an avid interface? I use an Apollo twin so am I safe to remove Avid CoreAudio.plugin with no side effects?

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:25 PM

" ...so am I safe to remove Avid CoreAudio.plugin with no side effects?"

Yes, just put it in a Hal Out folder if you wish to keep it.

Core audio is an achilles heal for Avid HD-hardware.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:05 AM

This is terrible this BUG is still going on ..., everything worked fine in Mavericks. Yosemite has been out for how long now ....,