Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2011, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 with Mac OS X 10.7 LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcK View Post
Pro Tools on Lion sounds 2000 times better than it does on Snow Leopard. Also, it guarantees you a record contract with one of the majors where you get to keep all your own publishing.

Best post I've read all day. Now I'm off to clean forcibly expelled coffee from my desk. Ha!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:21 PM

Is there an official way to be notified when a compatibility upgrade is released? Even the SoftwareUpdater (v9.0.3) doesn't work--just spins.

(Note that this is NOT a request for opinions on OS upgrades or those who prefer to keep their systems up to date. When one buys a new computer that ships with the current OS, one does not always have the luxury of back-grading to a three-point-release out of date OS just because one or another unspecified software company waits until after OS releases to finish compatibility updates rather than making use of amply-available developer resources from Apple.)
Old 07-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Is there an official way to be notified when a compatibility upgrade is released?
See this thread at the top of the forum:
Mac OS X Lion Compatibility Alert
Old 07-21-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodiad View Post
When one buys a new computer that ships with the current OS, one does not always have the luxury of back-grading to a three-point-release out of date OS just because one or another unspecified software company waits until after OS releases to finish compatibility updates rather than making use of amply-available developer resources from Apple.)
That's exactly the point! Everyone who buys a new quad core Mac Mini for example is stuffed. According to guys at the Apple store the new mac minis are not OS backwards compatible!

https://discussions.apple.com/message/15667801#15667801
Old 07-21-2011, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
There's a thread over on GS about this.. and one or two fellows that have PT9 working just fine on Lion... after a lot of folks said it wouldn't.

I don't know the particulars, you can search them out yourself, Not sure I'll be going to lion any time soon. I'm still on 10.6.5 and quite happy.
.. Apologies if it's an obvious thing I've missed.. But can you possibly provide some direction on where / what the "GS" site mentioned above is? A Url, please :) (Thankyou in advance). I'm experimenting with PT9.03 and Lion (not on my production studio DAW of course!)

Cheers
Andy
Old 07-21-2011, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleSix View Post
Best post I've read all day. Now I'm off to clean forcibly expelled coffee from my desk. Ha!!!
Ahh... But he forgot that ProTools 9.03 on OSX Lion is SOO sexy that it's guaranteed to ensure that you get all the cute female attention you desire - Just by speaking into a Neumann connected to your Factory.. It makes your voice sound just SOOO good that they cannot resist you any longer.....
Old 07-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcK View Post
Part of the update installer process probably involves deleting the old application file and install a new one. If your update installer is crashing it's probably happening due to that.

Lion obviously isn't tested or approved yet with PT, so you're on your own pretty much with this one.
This has to be the best response in the History of the DUC!!!!! You Are Amazing!!!!!! I never seen anyone give a correct and simple answer..... There is so much "SMUG" (South Park Reference) in this forum. I bet you are actually good at what you do to.

Sorry I am still in Shock???
Old 07-21-2011, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edadema View Post
This has to be the best response in the History of the DUC!!!!! You Are Amazing!!!!!! I never seen anyone give a correct and simple answer..... There is so much "SMUG" (South Park Reference) in this forum. I bet you are actually good at what you do to.

Sorry I am still in Shock???
----------
Hey there.. Apologies for the newbie Mac question.. But are you saying that you've managed to get PT9 running on Lion by removing the application .app file or something?

Once again - Apologies for the "dumb" question.. But I'm just wondering if your revelation suggests that we've all missed something obvious in our haste to experiment with PT9 and Lion...

Cheers
Andy
Old 07-21-2011, 04:26 AM

Cool Re: Pro Tools 9 with Mac OS X 10.7 LION

I don't see the attraction for anyone working in a studio or home recording to even desire the Lion update. I checked it out and... I don't get it.
Just me maybe.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc007 View Post
Ahh... But he forgot that ProTools 9.03 on OSX Lion is SOO sexy that it's guaranteed to ensure that you get all the cute female attention you desire - Just by speaking into a Neumann connected to your Factory.. It makes your voice sound just SOOO good that they cannot resist you any longer.....
LMAO.... waits for the spike in Neumann sales, and tons of Blue, AKG, Rode, MXL and Sterling postings appearing on eBay.