Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2011, 11:53 AM

Default Re: OSX 10.7 Lion + PT9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrussell View Post
the original post is stunning to me. it really never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go to around here to FIND a way to say something bad about PT. please folks, find something else to do. how about you go mix something? ya know, do some work or something that resembles it.
I'm with you on that!
Last I checked on the internet, there were a few movies, songs, tv shows, commercials, etc available, in a few languages too. "Some" of them have been done on PT. If it was that bad, how is it that it brings in slightly over a few BILLION $$$?

I wish I came up with something that was so bad that the whole planet still had to use it, made BILLIONS of $$$, and had a forum with people complaining on how bad it is.

Okay, done with coffee break, back to mixing.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:27 AM

In my experience, Pro Tools has NEVER worked on a brand new OS right away. Give it a few months..... no need to rush. Let the kinks get worked out.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleSix View Post
In my experience, Pro Tools has NEVER worked on a brand new OS right away. Give it a few months..... no need to rush. Let the kinks get worked out.
ahem, the few months are over, 10.7 developer program is available since a while!
no further response or comments from avid, what's about the openness now?

Does that mean that ProTools9 STILL is legacy, what about the promise that PT9 is recoded from the ground up and now state of the art, was it just a marketing gag?
Why it is not compatible to 10.7 and why avid STILL doesn't comply with OSX developer guidelines ?

@protools evangelists: please keep to the point, we all know that protools is the very best daw in the universe, just magic, but the topic here is "ProTools + OSX 10.7"
Old 06-22-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nean View Post
ahem, the few months are over, 10.7 developer program is available since a while!

Does that mean that ProTools9 STILL is legacy, what about the promise that PT9 is recoded from the ground up and now state of the art, was it just a marketing gag?
Why it is not compatible to 10.7 and why avid STILL doesn't comply with OSX developer guidelines ?

@protools evangelists: please keep to the point, we all know that protools is the very best daw in the universe, just magic, but the topic here is "ProTools + OSX 10.7"
What are you talking about?

10.7 hasn't even been released yet...

When was PT9 promised to be recoded from the ground up?

When has PT EVER been compatible with a .0 release of any OS?

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-22-2011, 11:40 AM

Thanks for entertainment, gents. That's just good interwebs.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 06-22-2011, 12:55 PM

Talking Re: OSX 10.7 Lion + PT9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
Thanks for entertainment, gents. That's just good interwebs.
I agree. I love when I see comments like nean's. Back to work!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:

One thing that is so awesome about Digidesign/Avid is that they actually do extensive testing on their software updates and etc. before they release it to everyone. This takes months to do. I know many other DAW companies that don't do extensive testing and just release their updates to the public and let everyone else do the Beta testing.

Avid announces when their software is compatible with which versions of which OS in the "Technical Alerts" section of these forums. They have announced that their latest updates are compatible with 10.6.7 but they have not said they are compatible with 10.7.0.

Don't be antsy for them to announce 10.7.0 compatibility either. It probably will take at least 3-6 months after release before they will have created the updates, thoroughly tested them, and announced the update.

To be demanding Pro Tools to already be compatible with a not yet released OS is absurd at best.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 06-22-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Generally, when a 3rd party software vendor releases a product, it is not advertised to be compatible with an OS that is not yet on the market. You have a version of Pro Tools that is not being sold as 10.7 compatible. Why would AVID release a fix for 10.7 compatibility now? Even if they have the developer version of Lion and have already solved the problem, there is absolutely zero reason that they should release the new version of PT9 to the general public right now. Wouldn't it be better that they keep testing and refining it until people can actually buy 10.7? Also from a marketing standpoint, wouldn't it be smarter to advertise lion compatibility after people actually can buy Lion?

If you have a developer version of Lion, I would guess that you signed an agreement not to talk about it. All you are doing with this thread is stepping on Apple's toes, you're telling people not to upgrade to Lion.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 06-22-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
One thing that is so awesome about Digidesign/Avid is that they actually do extensive testing on their software updates and etc. before they release it to everyone. This takes months to do. I know many other DAW companies that don't do extensive testing and just release their updates to the public and let everyone else do the Beta testing.

Avid announces when their software is compatible with which versions of which OS in the "Technical Alerts" section of these forums. They have announced that their latest updates are compatible with 10.6.7 but they have not said they are compatible with 10.7.0.

Don't be antsy for them to announce 10.7.0 compatibility either. It probably will take at least 3-6 months after release before they will have created the updates, thoroughly tested them, and announced the update.

To be demanding Pro Tools to already be compatible with a not yet released OS is absurd at best.
But I do love how they have to release a quick fix for a just released update. Oopps forgot about that midi file. and so forth.

And sure theyll have to get lion. you dont think they wont, does anyone? In a prefect world they would say, "no worries DUCERS" were are on top of it. So purchases, upgrades, DAW and hardware upgrades can be factored in to the Lion transition. (Without stepping on any little toes).

But in the real AVID world they barely hang on to the updates for established OS systems much less an whole new one. So one can expect about what every single person here has speculated. Wait.

Nothing new to anyone,,,,,so we can just shut the F up and wait, like were told.

Peasants, jesters, cattle,,,,,,,,,,,HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE ALMIGHTY, LIFE GIVING AUTHORITY OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR....... AVID H. CHRIST.

edit: Thats humor by the way.
BLA AGB,Autuer,Lucid,
MicroCLock, Pultec, UA, Sebatron, Focusrite, Trident,API, A-Designs, Purple Audio
Old 06-24-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavis6406 View Post
,,,,,,,,,,,HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE ALMIGHTY, LIFE GIVING AUTHORITY OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR....... AVID H. CHRIST.
Ha!!