Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell

Old 08-08-2019, 02:45 PM

Default FS: Digidesign X-Mon

Seriously underused. Sits in a rack doing nothing. It is time of it to find a better place to go.

Update:

*** SOLD ***

Last edited by antonis; 07-08-2020 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:37 PM

Default Re: FS: Digidesign X-Mon

how much do you have pics!
Old 08-09-2019, 08:14 PM

I second that.

Also what do you use instead of the XMON
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
I second that.

Also what do you use instead of the XMON
I use the MTRX.

Send an offer if interested!

Regarding the price, any decent one would take it really. I am almost done setting up a small Atmos studio and I need to flog what's not necessary and put something back in the bank.

To be honest, I really don't know how to price this one though. Some units here are going for very low but new price is pretty high. Not that many alternatives out there either.

I am selling this very reluctantly as if the MTRX comes up with any fault I'd have no alternative. Having it on the racked wired on the patchbay I think might be a good idea.

Re pics, there is one on an eBay listing I am running here.

Genuinely, this is virtually unused. It has been sitting on a rack doing nothing. I had another X-Mon in the past. This was meant to go on another edit room that never got built.

Last edited by antonis; 08-11-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:31 AM

Xmon's typically fetch 3-400 these days if they are for the D-Command/Control, newer XMon's are more expensive.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:17 PM

Are you asking 1000 GBP which is 1200 USD for a old xmon ...

Not trying to be an ahole here but barely unused doesn’t make it more expensive. A bad condition unit makes it less expensive which would be in the 275-350 dollar range.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-12-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoolsLover View Post
Xmon's typically fetch 3-400 these days if they are for the D-Command/Control, newer XMon's are more expensive.
Can you tell the difference in components between the two that makes the grey ones fetch a higher price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Are you asking 1000 GBP which is 1200 USD for a old xmon ...
No, to be honest I wasn't looking £1000 for it. I put a price to kick off the listing whilst looking in to it! Of course $1200 is steep!

But since you're coming so strongly about it - and while I am thinking about this now - I will debate this for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Not trying to be an ahole here but barely unused doesn’t make it more expensive. A bad condition unit makes it less expensive which would be in the 275-350 dollar range.
Yes, but course a barely used item does fetch a higher price in comparison to a tatty one! That happens for the majority of products.

Sure, in this particular case, if a heavily used X-Mon, with a lot of cosmetic marks and scuffs is going for $350 then that price difference is steep.

This premise does not take place to goods and products that get better with age/ usage or their current manufacturing methods are of lesser quality than their older counterparts, among some others (i.e. vintage musical instruments in my book !)

The exact opposite goes for technological products (deprecation) which an X-Mon surely might fall under.

But realistically speaking, what should be the price of a midi-controlled monitor controller, with Eucon support, quite a lot of functions, expandable for Dolby Atmos (partner it up with Colin Broad’s A-mon and a TMC-1 controller), etc. What is a similar alternative currently in the market at that price range?

Thinking features per dollar, if an X-Mon is going for $350 that makes it a mighty bargain!

In all the above put in to the equation a couple more factors: big places often right off kit after 5 years. 2nd hand market sale is just an added bonus. At least that is the case for companies such as my day-job employer.

In stark contrast, this particular X-Mon was purchased by my freelancing gigs and to cater for them. It didn't get any use after all.

Anyway if anyone is interested ping me with an offer! I need to recoup some of the dent the MTRX has caused!
Old 08-14-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis View Post
Can you tell the difference in components between the two that makes the grey ones fetch a higher price?
It has to do with Eucon support. The older blue units like the one you are selling average around 300. Its very hard to find one of these units that is not in great condition as they are typically a set/forget utility piece that's hard to beat up.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis View Post
Seriously underused. Sits in a rack doing nothing. It is time of it to find a better place to go.
Still available for sale!
Old 08-31-2019, 02:04 PM

How does $300 sound? Shipping’s on me.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock