Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2011, 09:42 PM

Default Switched to Mac but can't open older PT files

I recently switched to an iMac (OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo) using ProTools8 M-Powered and went to upload ProTools session files that I did on Windows, but I get a message now saying for each track:

"The track "any instrument" is unable to perform Elastic Audio because an audio file on the playlist is unsupprted for Elastic Audio processing as it is read only...."

When I click OK for each track that has this message, the wave forms still show but almost ghost-like and won't sound when I press play. I used ProTools 8 M-Powered for these files in the past on Windows and had no problem. I even sent these same files in the past to another musician using a Mac and had no problems opening it. I can record a new session fine, just can't open an old one that I stored in external drive. Anyone know what's going on? Is there a piece of the files missing? Seems like everything is there including the "Audio" folder.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Switched to Mac but can't open older PT files

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Synth View Post
I recently switched to an iMac (OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo) using ProTools8 M-Powered and went to upload ProTools session files that I did on Windows, but I get a message now saying for each track:

"The track "any instrument" is unable to perform Elastic Audio because an audio file on the playlist is unsupprted for Elastic Audio processing as it is read only...."

When I click OK for each track that has this message, the wave forms still show but almost ghost-like and won't sound when I press play. I used ProTools 8 M-Powered for these files in the past on Windows and had no problem. I even sent these same files in the past to another musician using a Mac and had no problems opening it. I can record a new session fine, just can't open an old one that I stored in external drive. Anyone know what's going on? Is there a piece of the files missing? Seems like everything is there including the "Audio" folder.
Have you tried creating a new session and using Import Session Data..?

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515