Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 05-13-2016, 01:24 PM

Default Initialization Error This software requires installation of the InterLock device...

Hi,

I'm getting an Initialization error on Protools 10.3.10 boot when trying to load plugins contained in the Virtual Instruments installer 10.0 (BOOM, XPAND, BB-33, etc). The error syas that the software requires installation of the InterLock device drivers and a reboot before running.

I have already installed the latest ILOCK drivers, manager and rebooted the system and still Protools is unable to load those plugins.

Then I get prompted to move Unauthorized plugins because no valid authorization could be found!

please help!!!
Old 05-14-2016, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Initialization Error This software requires installation of the InterLock device.

I am having the same exact problem and it's really pissing me off, considering that I just built a new computer and installed 64bit Win 7 to avoid any compatibility issues. I was just running PT 10.3 on my laptop, also Win 7, and it ran with absolutely no problems.

I reinstalled PT, hardware drivers, iLok License Manager and drivers, and still get the same message. I could only find one other post on this issue, and its an old one, but it was unresolved, http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=318107
I have no idea what this is about...please help us.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Initialization Error This software requires installation of the InterLock device.

Ok I found the solution...When you download the iLok License Manager and extract to the folder "License Support Installer"open the folder named "Old Installers" and run this installer and reboot. Everything is working fine now. Hope this works for you.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:02 AM

Worked for me! Thanks Chadmode :)