Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2000, 07:42 AM

Default everyone knows soooo much, but cant help me

frist off, dont tell me to read the rest of the posts...its been done. all the helpful ones seem to dissappear.

since the great brains at digi seem to know it all, ive been told that my setup just does not work. thats nice after emptying out my pockets to buy the 001.

im not asking for much either, just to get me up and running with no errors, no freezing, no problems...

the tech that put together my system does not understand why it will not work either,
i want to either fix what is wrong with my system or buy a new one that i am sure will work without error with the 001.

after i boot up win98se i try installing the ptle drivers and i get a error that frezzes up the system. so i basically cant use the system at all. the error i get is with channels 1 and 2? i cant figure why this would happen? there was someone with the same problem but that post is gone...

my system is :

abit be6-2 mobo
366 celeron overclocked to 550
256mb ram
annialitor pro vidio card

and i have nothing else installed when i load it up except for a dvd rom drive and a floppy but they shouldnt cause any problems.

so if any one could help, i would greatly appreciate it, even suggestions for a different system. as i said im not asking for much just a little time, which the tech at digi dont seem to want to give me.

thanks
mr

feel free to email me with suggestions.
Old 07-19-2000, 10:59 AM

Default Re: everyone knows soooo much, but cant help me

>>the error i get is with channels 1 and 2?

Can you please tell me the exact text of the error message? Do you just get a single error message or many of them?

Eric Day
DAE Engineer
Old 07-19-2000, 01:35 PM

Mr Dorko,
i would think that you have already tried this, but i am recommending this again. Have you made sure to set the 001 as the perferred device for recording, and playback in the multimedia files??? When you install a sound card the sound card receives the perferred device status, and will stay that way until you go into the multimidea control panel and change it. If i am not mistaken, if your sound card is the perferred device, or if anything other then the 001 is the perferred device for either or both play back and recording, you will get a similar error.

Just a thought.

Christian
Old 07-19-2000, 01:39 PM

Just re read your post, and actually, if the problem is happening when you are installing the 001, then what i mentioned wont work seeing that the 001 wont even be an option in the control panel. At first reading i thought you said as PT is initializing.

Christian.
Old 07-20-2000, 12:32 AM

the error box said digiprox error: unable to initialize channels 1 & 2. i get two error boxes the first one goes away but the second one stays there no matter how long you click on it. i read a post way back that had the same problem, he said he clicked on it 100 or so times...i tryed that but got nothing.
Old 07-20-2000, 12:52 AM
Avid

mrdorko
Please call us at tech support to
configure your system.
650-842-6699
Old 07-21-2000, 09:21 AM

I'd dump the BE6-II motherboard. If you do a search on the BE6 or BE6-II on this conference, you'll find NUMEROUS posts from people running these boards that are having nothing but problems.

I used to (try to) run a BE6
Now I run an Asus P3B-F

Mike
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs
Old 07-21-2000, 09:38 AM

Any idea how the Abit SE6 fares? It uses the newer Intel 815E (ICH2) chipset (which unfortunately has built-in sound, but conveniently has UDMA 66/100 support!)... it was the best looking S370/FCPGA motherboard I could find for the price.

Old 07-21-2000, 11:33 AM

QuikDraw:

i agree with you i dont know why but its been giving me so many problems...

you mentiond the Asus P3B-F...hows it run ptle, no problems? i think i might invest in one. let me know how you got your system comfigured, if you can, thanks

to vlastyn:

i dont recommend the be6-2, dont know about the others