Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-07-2009, 08:34 AM

Default Why do I get this "error" ALL THE TIME?

My first post here, so if I´m the wrong forum section I apologize.

Running PT 7.1 LE with Mbox 2 on a Quad 2,67Ghz with 4GB RAM and Win XP Home. I get the "Increase buffer size"-message all the time, and I just don't get it. I have a pretty powerful machine and I have hardly any programs running in the background. No internet connection, no antivirus programs or anyting.

If you check the attached image, in this project I´m just recording vocals on 264 in buffer size, 24 bit, 48KHz. 4 processors, 90% Usage and level 4 in playback buffer. Surely everything should work without any problems? Need help!

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9803/erroryc.jpg
Old 11-07-2009, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Why do I get this "error" ALL THE TIME?

Sandra report please.

Read the General troubleshooting thread. We need more info about your system.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:54 AM

Found this at least...exactly how crucial is this? I have all sounds on the same drive as my OS at the moment.

IMPORTANT! You MUST use a secondary hard drive (not your main OS drive) for recording and playback of audio in Pro Tools. Recording or playback from the OS drive is known to be problematic and the cause of many different error types. If you are using your system drive and encountering errors, the first thing you should do is get a compatible drive. USB drives are not supported and are known to be problematic, so please do not use them with Pro Tools. If you're recording or playing back from a USB drive and are getting errors in Pro Tools, please switch to using a compatible external firewire drive or internal SATA/ATA/IDE drive and disconnect the USB drive.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:57 AM

Very important. Pro Tools is not supported with only 1 drive. Partitioning a single drive is no good either, you need to be using a dedicated audio drive.

Internal drives are the best, with the 'WD Caviar Black' a solid choice at the moment.

If you need to buy an external, use firewire with a supported chipset, which you will find a list of in the support pages. DO NOT use USB external HDDs, these are not supported.

It may not be your only problem however, so post a Sandra report.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:00 AM

Yes, generally when the word MUST is used, it's rather crucial.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejwells View Post
Yes, generally when the word MUST is used, it's rather crucial.
LOL! i would have to agree, nay nay I say, nay nay!! I MUST agree with that statement.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-07-2009, 06:06 PM

I "MUST" also agree, thought even though I did all the "Must's" and (I think) them some, I still get some errors (seems to be mostly in front of clients.....I swear I can work on my tunes for days without errors and then I get a client in the studio.......:confus ed: sometimes it works well and sometimes not so well)...I have been running Pro Tools since the very first 001's, 4 different custom built (and some WAY too expensive) pc's and ALL have had issues.

You have to follow ALL of the "rules" and this might not yet give you error free results, but you can make music....think of how it used to be with tape:rolle yes::rolle yes::rolle yes::rolle yes::rolle yes::rolle yes:
I think even with all the errors its still rock to be able to play in this world
yeah my faces show I had a few
Old 11-07-2009, 06:12 PM

I "MUST" also agree, thought even though I did all the "Must's" and (I think) them some, I still get some errors (seems to be mostly in front of clients.....I swear I can work on my tunes for days without errors and then I get a client in the studio.......:confus ed: sometimes it works well and sometimes not so well)...I have been running Pro Tools since the very first 001's, 4 different custom built (and some WAY too expensive) pc's and ALL have had issues.

You have to follow ALL of the "rules" and this might not yet give you error free results, but you can make music....think of how it used to be with tape:rolle yes::rolle yes::rolle yes::rolle yes::rolle yes::rolle yes:
I think even with all the errors its still rocks to be able to play in this world
yeah my faces show I had a few
Old 11-08-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedGuy View Post
Sandra report please.

Read the General troubleshooting thread. We need more info about your system.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB