Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2017, 11:48 AM

Default Exporting MIDI data in STRIKE to play sounds from another drum machine?

Is it possible to export MIDI data from STRIKE to play sounds from another drum machine such as SSD or EZ Drummer?

I'm using:

Pro Tools 10.3.8
STRIKE 1.5.1
iMac OS 10.9.5
Old 08-18-2017, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Exporting MIDI data in STRIKE to play sounds from another drum machine?

I am able to export the midi performance but for some reason cannot play that in any other drum machines...
Old 08-18-2017, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Exporting MIDI data in STRIKE to play sounds from another drum machine?

Any ideas? I can get the midi to export as a performance in strike, it's just getting the sounds to line up in the others: SSD and EZ Drummer
Old 08-19-2017, 07:49 AM

Maybe a dumb question but have you tried just copying the midi track and assigning it to another drum program? The only problem with that would be if the midi note assignments are for different drums in the other software.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:12 AM

Ya, exactly... That is the problem
Old 08-19-2017, 08:38 AM

Here is a link to a thread with a similar discussion but it doesn't quite make sense to me: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=376333
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (51.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-19-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdwlr View Post
Ya, exactly... That is the problem
The simple solution is to simply reassign the notes. So if the Kick in Strike is C1 and you want a Kick assigned to C2 in EZdrummer- then just move the kick note to C2, rinse and repeat for the other kit parts.

It shouldn't take more than a couple minutes if you know what kit parts are assigned to which notes in the target drum VI.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:15 AM

Ya, that's what I was trying to do but the exported midi data has like a whole octaves worth for each piece in the kit... So it's not like I'm just moving one line of kick or snare etc. there are multiple lines. That makes it quite a bit more complicated and I'm not sure why it's exported that way, I'm sure there is a reason...
Old 08-19-2017, 10:41 AM

I would simply copy the midi track, as opposed to exporting it, and then see if the export and the copy are the same.

Also, it's just a fact of life that different drum software uses different midi notes for each kit piece. There is nothing really that you can do about that. The universal midi protocol was never really embraced by the developers, for many reasons.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:52 AM

Oh how do I copy it?