Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2012, 01:05 PM

Default 2 very simple questions - could someone help?

Hi everyone,

I'm creating some templates in Pro Tools 10 just to save me some time in future and I've two questions.

The first one - I created new sessions. . .created all the tracks I need and then saved the thing in a folder called "Tracklay" etc. However. . .I also clicked on "Save as template". So my question is - can I now completely delete the original session data and folder? Or do I need to keep those (i.e are the templates now saved in pro tools in a special folder. . .or are they still linked to those new sessions I created) :)

The second one. . .is. . .next to my track there is a large grey space before the timecode and track actually kick in - could someone tell me what this is? Sorry for being completely stupid!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for the help!

Aaron.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:35 PM

Default Re: 2 very simple questions - could someone help?

When you save a Pro Tools session as a template, you'll have the option to either select a location for the template, or to 'Install Template In System'. The latter will save the template file in the system folder referenced by the quick start dialogue when you launch Pro Tools. In this case, you can delete the original session from your hard drive. If you select a location to save the template, you'll need to keep the session file itself in order to use it.

In terms of your edit window, you've selected continuous scrolling from the Edit Window Scrolling option in the Options menu. Change it to Page or No Scrolling if you don't want it to do this.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:40 PM

Thanks for that!

I installed to system so shall delete the files!

I have indeed set the cursor to follow the sound so yeah the grey box is just the spare bit of space to the left as the cursor can only be in the centre!

You're a gem!

Thanks for answering. :)
Old 06-18-2012, 02:40 PM

No problem :)