Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2020, 07:26 AM

Default Using two digital i/o (HX Stomp & Lynx Aurora)

Hey folks,

Running PT on Windows 10. I have a lynx aurora 16 using AES connections. I also use a Line 6 HX Stomp with a USB connection.

The issue I'm having is if I have the HX Stomp plugged in via USB, protools is outputting all the audio back through the Stomp. That's great for some situations, not for others.

Even though I set the track(s) output to the Lynx Aurora, it doesn't end up there, it just outputs to the HX stomp.

When I click "interface" in the track, the Lynx Aurora shows up, but not the HX stomp. My understanding is I should see an additional 8 channels of i/o with the Stomp as it allows me to send a direct signal to another track. Currently, it's not giving me that option.

Any thoughts?

Sean Meredith-Jones
seanmeredithjones.com

Last edited by smj; 12-09-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Old 12-09-2020, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Using two digital i/o (HX Stomp & Lynx Aurora)

My thoughts:
1-Open Hardware Setup and select the Lynx as the "Audio Engine"(I bet its set to the HX Stomp at the moment)
2-There is no way(on Windows) to get both units to work at the same time. You will need to choose one or the other.
3-personally, I would disconnect the Stomp USB and connect it via analog connections(or use the USB connection for connection to the Line 6 editing software)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-09-2020, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Using two digital i/o (HX Stomp & Lynx Aurora)

Thanks for the response. To each of your points:

1) I think I tried that already and it didn't solve the issue. I'll try again though

2) I think you're right. Someone else in another forum told me something similar as there is no way to create "aggregate" audio devices in Windows out of the box. They sited 3rd party applications that might help.

3) I was doing that initially and couldn't figure out why I was hearing two signal paths. When I disconnected the analog connections, pro tools was still seeing signal and I realized the USB was connected and carrying audio.

I want the USB at least for the HX Edit control... but I have to do some muting in pro tools so I don't hear the analog and digital inputs at the same time.

I'll have to figure out how to mute USB audio signal output in the HX Stomp so I can at least just use it as a remote. I know it would forego the option of outputting direct signal at the same time.

Sean Meredith-Jones
www.seanmeredithjones.com