Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: \'softening\' guitars without killing dynamics??

Yeah, I love messing with sounds and trying new things. And dreaming up new ideas can be fun. It's the way I learn. I did a more elaborate version of sync'ing a sine wave to a guitar part, using autotune and Orange vocoder, it sounded so good standing alone that I kept it there without the guitar. Good luck, and post back about your results!
-Olaf
Oh, yeah, I was cleaning out some files yesterday and the last version of that song is tagged 'Final FINAL 3.wav'
Old 05-11-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: \'softening\' guitars without killing dynamics??

I was messing with plugins on vocals last night and mistakenly put the next one down on the list onto the insert. Strange this was I immediately thought 'Yes - that's the warbling effect I want on my B3', and it kind of made my evening. It also adds a whole new dimension to the cliche 'learning by your mistakes'

The mix got bounced as 5.10 can't_remember_what_guitar_sounds_like_anyway_fina l__FINAL _86.wav or something. I think I'm done with it now, it's been a journey in lots of ways.

It's up in the let's hear your latest stuff thread. Not the happiest piece, and not the greatest instance of musicianship, but it was one I needed to do, and important to get as right as possible.

Thanks for the input