Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2018, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Stereo sound ONLY when record is armed.

Ugh the ID22 clearly does separate DAW THRU paths into the DAW. They are just globbed onto physical IO paths into the DAW. That would stop me wanting to buy an ID22. So the session has only one track? No bussing? So you could have a path through the ID22 mixer that puts a signal on DAW Thru onto analog input 1. But from earlier mixer screen shots is looks like you are not doing that. But if you have other tracks in Pro Tools... then worry about those.

And looking again at the earlier screenshots why are going out of Pro Tools into the MAIN MIX in the ID22, (maybe just to use the monitor level control?) but you want to be simplifying things and letting Pro Tools talk to the outputs directly at least while troubleshooting--so set that to DAW THRU.

And one thing to look our for may be clipping (either analog saturation or digital clipping -- and I have no idea how the ID22 mixer is implemented). But watch in Pro Tools and the ID22 mixer that you don't have high levels showing up anywhere.

And here we are, I don't think Dave or I have any real understanding of the sounds you are hearing and suspect there is not much more we can do to help you. So many issues can be caused by hardware mixer setup/operation and just suggest again that you read through the ID22 mixer documentation carefully and make sure you understand that. And play with it until you do, and even if that's not the problem you've learnt a lot of useful stuff.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:17 PM

Thanks again, Darryl.

Just to confirm on something you said:

You want to be simplifying things and letting Pro Tools talk to the outputs directly at least while troubleshooting--so set that to DAW THRU.

Are you referring to my iD monitor settings or is this something I need to change in my Pro Tools I/O settings?

Also -- I hooked up my Neumann 103 and for whatever reason it doesn't sound nearly as digital or doubled... So, if you don't see anything ridiculously out of place then I think I'm feeling confident enough to move forward. :)

You've been amazing.

Thank you.

T
Old 11-30-2018, 12:19 PM

In the ID22 console mixer settings. You have to get on top of understanding that .
Old 11-30-2018, 12:20 PM

I agree. I'm on it.... Thanks again.

T