Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2020, 02:06 PM

Default Bug Report 2020.9.1 Clip Effects Crash PTs

After updating to PTs Ultimate 2020.9.1 I've experienced consistent crashing when using clip effects in real time.

For instance, I'm listening and decide to apply clip EQ during playback (something I've done for a few years now without issue). As soon as I grab an eq node to start to filter, it now crashes Pro Tools almost every time, it's not session dependent and it's easily repeatable. I can't be the only one experiencing this.
Starting a support ticket, providing crash logs, yadda yadda. Getting tired of these useless updates that add new problems while fixing few old ones.

Running PTU 2020.9.1 on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Bug Report 2020.9.1 Clip Effects Crash PTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReganNoise View Post
After updating to PTs Ultimate 2020.9.1 I've experienced consistent crashing when using clip effects in real time.

For instance, I'm listening and decide to apply clip EQ during playback (something I've done for a few years now without issue). As soon as I grab an eq node to start to filter, it now crashes Pro Tools almost every time, it's not session dependent and it's easily repeatable. I can't be the only one experiencing this.
Starting a support ticket, providing crash logs, yadda yadda. Getting tired of these useless updates that add new problems while fixing few old ones.

Running PTU 2020.9.1 on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6.
I'm on the same setup - was just doing some clip fx and seems ok, no crashes.

Any chance you updated to the new safari and osx security update? That specifically was causing a memory issue on my machine and I had to time machine back before it was released (around sept 20?). idk if they fixed it but it made my laptop take forever to start and ran out of ram constantly. perhaps this is an issue if you just updated? just a thought.
Old 10-17-2020, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Bug Report 2020.9.1 Clip Effects Crash PTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolooki View Post
I'm on the same setup - was just doing some clip fx and seems ok, no crashes.

Any chance you updated to the new safari and osx security update? That specifically was causing a memory issue on my machine and I had to time machine back before it was released (around sept 20?). idk if they fixed it but it made my laptop take forever to start and ran out of ram constantly. perhaps this is an issue if you just updated? just a thought.
Thanks. I changed out Thunderbolt cables and rebooted. It works now. These USB-C cables can be tricky.